Another biker heading for Mongolia to help children

Bert

Reaction score
Matt is off on 5th of July this year to Mongolia to help CDPF (Children’s Development Protection Foundation (Mongolia))

And he's going on ........... a Honda CBR 1000F 1988 with only 200,000 Kms on the clock! You've got to admire his choice of machine!!! :eek: :D

The Rally consist of some 60 teams all leaving from London during the Mongolian Festival all in CARS EXCEPT one wonderful old GS Adventure lunatic and that is courageous Matt on his CBR1000F !
(GS is staying at home with his wife and children- Matt reckons he'll miss it.... errm...I'd say he will!!)

Teams are normally 2 minimum- Matt says he has obtained special dispensation to do this on his own thereby increasing his personal risk.

Despite a bad back, Matt is going it alone through EU, Turkey, Iran, Turkmanistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrzgystan, Kazakhstan, Russia and Mongolia. Not the easiest choice of routes and really the hard way.

He already has good support from biking manufacturers who are giving him kit which he will hand over to CDPF along with the Honda CBR which he bought with his own money.

His wish and choice is to also help his personal charity which is RIDERS FOR HEALTH and you can donate by simply visiting his Just Giving page here.
Matt is also wanting to help UNICEF and has a separate page here if you prefer to support UNICEF

I take my hat off to Matt for his dedication-He's got a long long way to go. I hope some of you will join me in the Spirit of his adventure to help others and lend him your support.

P.S if any of you wishes to help Matt in any other way, please get in touch with him directly via his website

Attachments

• Matt.jpg
    Matt.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 158
  • Rider Letter.jpg
    Rider Letter.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 161
Thank you very much Bert :thumb

TBH, I thought a lot of you guys had 'seen it and done it' kind of thing, so I didnt make too much noise about it.

Shameless bump for a tough cookie

Having met Matt, I am in awe of his courage. Never mind the 20 year old bike or the fact that it already has 200,000 kilometers on the clock- I have seen it and it needs a lot of love and welding. It's going to be very tough. The reality is that many of us with our beloved overlanding machines would think long, hard and hesitate to take such a journey, you have got to admire the pluck of a GSer who also own a fab R1200ADV but has decided to raise the challenge bar ever higher by taking a ...CBR1000!

And if you thought that wasn't hard enough, Matt mentioned that he has a degenerative bone condition which has already severely damaged his back and he has delayed a serious operation to be able to do this. There is a chance that after, he may not be able to do anything remotely as challenging. He is very modest and dismisses concerns but I have come to realise that this charity run is not going to be easy...

If any of you could help, please do. He has obtained some sponsoring support and really his wish is to obtain donations to either Unicef or Riders for Health. Linky's above.

Over 4000 members here - if we can reach just 1% that 40 people at say twenty quid that's 800 quid - not something to be sneezed at.
Your heart drives your action- You've been fantastic helping the orphans in Mali, I am just one short GSer guy trying to lend a hand to another humanitarian overlander. You can help if you so chose. I hope you can.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom