The Adventure bike goes down...

snoopy

I've just had my first 'off' in 5yrs of riding. I'd just filled the tank up from near dry to full (28ltr) and came up to a roundabout too quickly (40mph). The surface was slippy wet, the tyres, "deathwings", have no grip.

I have to say I thought crashing at 40 would hurt. My gear is fine, I can't find a scratch :nenau, and the bike only has a twisted rear brake lever and grinded bar end. :nenau

My pride is dented however. :eek:

Drive carefully.

Better your pride than your head:thumb2

Why on earth did you fit trailwings FFS?? :blast:eek:

Glad to hear your safe and well but that bike is going to be fooked by the time you venture out of the N.E at the rate your going.

Glad you're OK, don't worry too much after 30 years you get used to it:p

In 1989 while racing a KR1 I had 13 crashes that year alone:eek:

Better your pride than your head:thumb2

Why on earth did you fit trailwings FFS?? :blast:eek:

I've got to second that, they are the worst tyres i've used on a bike, very unpredictable in the wet and unstable at speed (that was on a gs fek knows what they must be like on that skinny front end on your DRZ)

Keep safe

Shep

Yeah I've made a point of getting rid of them asap. I got some second wheels for extreme dirt rubber with the intention of getting some more road orientated tyres to replace the death-wings, but there isn't much choice for the stock DRZ rims.

I've bent the rear frame as well. :(

Took the rear mudguard off to find a snapped rear frame. :tears

Took down to local aluminium welders and they fixed for a tenner. :bounce1

Took the rear mudguard off to find a snapped rear frame. :tears

Took down to local aluminium welders and they fixed for a tenner. :bounce1

If it was a proper adventure bike you could have fixed it with cable ties and a couple of tyre levers and that would have lasted a couple of years.:D

Mind you a tenners not bad:thumb2

Shep

Ooooooohhhhhhh.......

Worst sound in the world, that of a bike sliding down the road:(

Glad to hear your ok

Its a good 'un if you walk away though:D A few people going down at this time of year............I'm sure there's a lesson there somewhere.

If you want Snoppy I have a few sets of road tyres for the DRZ I can drop some in and just chuck the death wings

Back
Top Bottom