Yorkshire

2gses

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been thinking why Yorkshire & Humberside,Humberside doesn't exist any more,or does it? any ideas for a new forum title?

No Humberside died when Hull City got unitary authority status and East Yorkshire council (Beverley) became East Riding. South Humberside was merged with North Lincolnshire I think.

Humberside was only ever an administrative region dreamed up by government mandarins (Lord Barber I think who lived at Wentbridge). Rumour has it he intentionally drew the North Yorkshire boundry around his estate because he didn't want to live in West Yorkshire hence the strange shape of North Yorkshire below Selby.

Technically the old Ridings still exists so I guess the title could revert to Yorkshire. I don't think many people like the term Humberside anyway. Interestingly The Police is still called Humberside Police as they cover all the old areas of Humberside County Council. Confused? thats Government for you!:augie

No Humberside died when Hull City got unitary authority status and East Yorkshire council (Beverley) became East Riding. South Humberside was merged with North Lincolnshire I think.

Humberside was only ever an administrative region dreamed up by government mandarins (Lord Barber I think who lived at Wentbridge). Rumour has it he intentionally drew the North Yorkshire boundry around his estate because he didn't want to live in West Yorkshire hence the strange shape of North Yorkshire below Selby.

Technically the old Ridings still exists so I guess the title could revert to Yorkshire. I don't think many people like the term Humberside anyway. Interestingly The Police is still called Humberside Police as they cover all the old areas of Humberside County Council. Confused? thats Government for you!:augie
but does anybody realy give a f**k:nenau

YORKSHIRE

There are those who live in Yorkshire and those who pretend and wish they do :thedummy

YES .............as a lancastrian living in Beverley I hate humberside should be Yorkshire.

move to Yorkshire then!!! :augie

Hull seems to think its a different country sometimes, different district, different phone company, different people too.

Must admit I do like Beverley though, shame its sat on top of Hull though. :D

Back
Top Bottom