The squeeze is starting to happen

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
Both players are feeling squeezed and its same for dealer margins.

Garmin expects prices will be 20% lower this year, so watch high street cartels to rule.

More here

This is excellant news...as soon as I see a Tom Tom Rider V2 for £218 or thereabouts, I'll be having one ( so all please let me know if you see an advert - they have blipped down to this for the odd day then gone back up again).

Yes it all good news for the consumer, long gone are the £100+ Streetpilot

This line made me laugh...
"A large proportion of our revenue is in the United States, where pricing conditions are slightly more aggressive than in Europe," said TomTom Chief Executive Harold Goddijn.

Only slightly! ;)

Gramin's share price has just about halved over the past 6 months.

See here (blue line).

Whilst the NASDAQ 100 has also dropped in the same period (orange line), Garmin is clearly perceived as performing below the market average.

Greg

This is excellant news...as soon as I see a Tom Tom Rider V2 for £218 or thereabouts, I'll be having one ( so all please let me know if you see an advert - they have blipped down to this for the odd day then gone back up again).

And then you can find an alternative route all the way to the Poderosa to buy me a coffee:thumb2

Rider 2 prices are not far off that already!!!

http://www.google.co.uk/product_url...2=N4pUL0TqzccCX6QNwvmmzA&gl=uk&hl=en&sa=title

£249.99 over xmas at Halfords. Back to normal price now though.
They'll definately come down ( excluding the £1.50 for Tims coffee of course !! )

Thanks but that £229 price is without the VAT !! £279 with VAT :(

Just a healthy challenge to buy a Tom Tom Rider V2 for £218 before Baskerville :) May even be going to look at a yellow Guzzi Quota to bolt it to as well :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom