Well Finally!

(RIP) maverick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guess who got himself a nice set of super moto wheels today :D

Haven't had time to fit them and can't wait to feel the difference with them compared to the knobblies :thumb2

Watch this space :beer:

Hi Maverick
just a couple of things to watch out for.When I fitted mine for the first time I had to take the pads from the caliper to fit the caliper and then put in the pads again with the wheel in place ,other thing to watch out for is the fork protectors I had rubbed the tyres and pushed the brake pipe against the rim,
I carfully trimed the protectors with a knife at the offending areas and it worked out fine.

Good luck
Jim

Thanks for the replies lads. Will post pics when I get time to take them :D

Jim luckilly everything you posted Mr Tickle warned me about. I was thinking of just taking the fork protectors off and stick some neoprene covers on them instead.

Speaking of the wheel kit, does anyone have the official factory instructions for swapping out the wheels? In the original press release, the kit was described as having full instructions. My set didn't come with any, and the dealer just shrugged.

Any chance someone could scan a copy...or is able to transcribe them? I know the swap is not supposed to be a complicated procedure, but it would be nice to have it as a reference.

Thanks in advance.

Speaking of the wheel kit, does anyone have the official factory instructions for swapping out the wheels? In the original press release, the kit was described as having full instructions. My set didn't come with any, and the dealer just shrugged.

Manage to fit the wheels today and the rear is straight forward take off and replace. The front wheel is a bit more tricky as you need to take the pads out of the caliper and stick the wheel in position. Then fit the pads while the caliper is on the bike, straight forward if you pushed the caliper pistons back most of the way.

My first impression is holy smoke it turns quick :eek: The handling is again completely different to the normal offroad wheels. This week I am back commuting on the bike after cycling the last three months and can't wait to get back on the monster :D

You are in trouble now.......if you liked it on knobbies the sm wheels just bring out the kid in you, mine goes back into sm mode now after a big stint in mud mode:D

Back
Top Bottom