Market research............

Bilks

Reaction score
:)

Ok u happy campers...... ur riding through the Loire valley in France and u eyeball a motorcycle camp site.......

wot is the most important thing to u ?

1/ Price
2/ ameities (showers etc)
3/ Access
4/ Food @ drink
5/ Tents already erected
6/ English spoken
7/ swimming pool

Out of interest if all the above was available - wot would you feel is a reasonable charge per night ?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Bilks. ;)

1) Obviously biker friendly - maybe a bike in the logo of the campsite or that secret handshake we all use.

2) Amenities - good showers, clean toilets.

3) Availability of or closeness to good food/drink

4) Fresh croissants left by my tent flap every morning - yes really I'm serious about this one - I stayed in a self catering place once and we had them delivered to our bungalow every day by the owners. Nice to wake up reach out and grab breakfast. Wyy not have a choice so that I can choose to stay at a cost effective price or I can go Club Class and get the nice service added.

5) No big fat tosser from Exeter running the place (OK I'm joking about the last one!)

Mike

mikebelch said:

5) No big fat tosser from Exeter running the place (OK I'm joking about the last one!)

Mike

Now, thats the ONLY reason I would go camping in France!

(Send your cheque to the usual address, Bilks).

Hehehe........

:D

Cheers ralphy...no check m8, uv'e a free spot near the bar !:beerjug:

as for mr Burp - near the toilets 4 him :flush

Bilks. (Fat boys International) :p

Watering hole

See you Bilko.
By the look of it they only want a nice place to have a shower, a few beers scoff and crash m8 :D
Good luck for the future.
It's gonna work m8.
See you on the ferry. :barf ;)
We are sailing, :shout c'mon sing ya buggers

Sgt_ BILKO said:

Ok u happy campers...... ur riding through the Loire valley in France and u eyeball a motorcycle camp site.......

wot is the most important thing to u ?

1/ Price
2/ ameities (showers etc)
3/ Access
4/ Food @ drink
5/ Tents already erected
6/ English spoken
7/ swimming pool

Out of interest if all the above was available - wot would you feel is a reasonable charge per night ?

Any other suggestions ?

A b & b nextdoor.............:p

CC

:cool:

........in fact it might be worth looking up Eurocamps 'Go as you please' site to get an idead of what they offer and what they charge. We have used them a lot and they are great for not having to take a tent and gear - just the sleeping bag! Sprung beds/cooker/fridge/electricity/lighting/table& chairs/bbq set plus site amnities

Thanks..........

:D

Thanks Rab...i wonder who u are ? ;)

Notadrop...cheers m8, ive checked out eurocamp etc,but this is a purely motorcycle site , with no bovver from the "crockels" im aiming to do the same as "ala Prince town".

Hot showers
clean toilets
bar + easy meals(+ mtv!)
bunk house
drying room
basic workshop + oils/accessories (van assitance to get u home)

a few tents (6-8 men) already erected in a ten acre area surrounded by woodland....

To overnight in ur own tent + full use of the showers 10 euros !

Sited 250 miles from Cherbourg ( 50 miles south of le Mans - 25 north of Semour) in the Loire valley.

Bilks. (maybe a swimming pool, and a.....)
:confused:

Family orientated stuff too.........like not charging for 'pup tents' when you take the kiddies.....a basic nature/adventure type trail with logs and home made climbing things etc (dead cheap just a bit of manpoewer and thought to make) to keep the brats occupied when you're pitching the camp/struggling over the trangia/having a sunday morning horizontal jogging session......

A ban on radios/stereos on site

BBQ pits...just half oil drums on bricks with big logs in sheltered areas.....

Little details that are cheap but make a difference...like a pile of breeze blocks by the camp hut/toilets for people to use to put those nifty disposable BBQ trays on (and sell'em too......good mark up on those )

Lots of wrought iron hoops buried in a couple of feet of concrete to lock bikes down to (one behind each pitch?)......and a square foot of any flat hard stuff for sticking under sidestands to prevent that 'oh shit' feeling when you open up the tent in the morning after some rain to find the bike on its side......

Fanum said:
Family orientated stuff too.........like not charging for 'pup tents' when you take the kiddies.....a basic nature/adventure type trail with logs and home made climbing things etc (dead cheap just a bit of manpoewer and thought to make) to keep the brats occupied when you're pitching the camp/struggling over the trangia/having a sunday morning horizontal jogging session......

B0ll0cks! A large sign saying "This is a bikers' campsite- don't even think about bringing your rug-rat in here" would attract far more punters, I reckon.....

Mike:D

How many bikers arrive with kids anyway:confused:

If it's a 'biker's only' campsite yeah fairy nuff.......but if you were runnning/setting up a campsite, particularly as a new enterprise and double particularly in a beaurocracy ridden country like France, is that commercially viable???

I doubt it..unless you have connections and superb marketing contacts.....otherwise, starting off as a decent, biker and family friendly site to get established then perhaps after a year or two once the word is around foccussing more on bikes would have to be the sensible way to go.

Just the fact that a site is prepared to take groups of riders would be enough of a USP to get going I'd have thought....too many places turn you away if they even think you're in any sort of group, let alone tag the name 'biker' onto the group, regardless of whether the 'group' is largely mature, sensible, BMW riding folk and not hairy arsed stud wearing leather clad oiks on noisy dog bikes.

( we got turned away from a site this year...8 30-40 somethings, complete with two toddlers and not a shred of oikiness about us, turned up in cars hoping for a weekend of walking, pub grub and a quiet drink around the trangia...the bloke who owned the site was so anti 'group' that he was rabid.....)

Fanum.......

Youve missed the point,

1/ its not comercially dependant, its purly a vocational enterprise.

2/ the whole point is to give the bike tourers, or knee down brigade a cheap base or overnight to @ from the ferry ports...

3/ this will be the first dedicated m/cycle camp in northern France for the very reason you stated - being turned away from the Municiples cus ur big and ugly and upset the kids etc !

4/ref the connections. firstly this ukgser, a web page, all m/cycle media, referals - rallys, dealer noticeboards etc....

thanks very much though for your thoughts and your suggestions.

Bilks.

Well in that case put me down for a pitch near the khazi and I humbly apologise......

(setting up a decent camp site is something i've really fancied and wondered about in my semi-drunken 'what if i won a fair amount on the lottery' moments)

PS the Iron hoops and stuff still stands :D

Hi Bilks.
Nice meeting you your wife - Jackie? - yesterday.

I'm away for two days tomorrow from work and will ride the GS! Your bike sat there in that pouring rain looking flippin' gorgeous and poised! Im talking bollocks now, i know!

I would like to take in a visit to your place in France. I havent read the other threads but will.

I stayed at a site that had a little area with a hose and bucket that i could clean the bike - get rid of those b@@@@@d baked on Spanish bugs. A nice touch but not essential!

Look forward to it.

On Tuesday i will be in the Exeter area so will see if i can make it to Crewkerne.

Timmy

positive and hassle free booking in procedure
even if called in on speck
yes we can do anything attitude

oh missus just said clean toilets and showers
toilets with full doors and showers with full shower doors :confused:

good clear signs of were things are

and a warm welcome from the owners with good customer service

plenty of cold beer and wine in fridge
hard standing pads provided by tents or hired if needed be
oh bilko and a few trenches built with ohp just for us lot who need to feel at home and hexey blocks :D

important factors

clean lavvies and showers with soft toilet paper and lights that work at night

hard standing area for the bikes

somewhere to buy basic food etc. nearby.

camp fire / barbeque pits ... possibly communal.. say every 4 pitches

realistic fees.... and child friendly just in case i want to bring the motor home sometime...

Back
Top Bottom