Anyone bide near Durham / Sherburn?

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for someone to have a look for a WW1 memorial in the church or anywhere in Sherburn Co Durham.

If none of the Weardale mafia show up I could go and have a look for you sometime..

:thumb2

I'm not too far from Sherburn, just the other side of Durham.

What are you after?

I'm in Durham if you need a hand.

How about we all meet up in Sherburn on Sunday 16th, do what Scotboxer wants then go out for a ride.

I'm in Coxhoe, only 5 minutes away. Used to court a lass from Sherburn, so I know it quite well. What ya lookin for?

Whats the details?

Im in Trimdon

Tell us what you want and I'll pop by (2 mins away)

Regards

Peter:thumb2

Thanks lads ...

It has to do with one of these ...
dli044.jpg

who I suspect is my late nan's fiancee who was killed in WW1. I have no idea which one but it would be good to track down his name. My other contacts tell me the postcard shows a group of TA sergeants from the DLI and of course their officer. This has narrowed down the search to a few possibilities. I was hoping to check the memorial in the village to see if any sergeants were mentioned and if so, what their names were.

I was down by visiting the DLI museum a couple of weeks ago and popped out to Sherburn past my nan's address 46 Front Street so I could have checked it out myself. At that time however, my curiosity had not been wound up!

If you want I can call in to the companions club not far from me and see if they have any info. I'm sure they run the ex DLI members meeting from their one evenig a week.

Back
Top Bottom