Scala Rider Help?

CYSTonyB

I recently purchased a "Tomtom rider V2" sat nav for motorcycles and was led to believe that an additional bluetooth headset would also link to the Tomtom and act as an intercom for rider/passenger.

An additional "Cardo Scala Rider headset" was ordered and arrived within a day of the Tomtom.

I have tried without success to connect the bluetooth systems.

The Tomtom will communicate with either :-
the Cardo Scala Rider supplied as part of the Tomtom Rider Kit.

or the additionally purchased corardo scala rider.

But I cannot get it to communicate with both headsets simultaneously or the headsets to communicate with each other at all.
(I thought bluetooth products could communicate with several other products within a short range.)

Do you have any ideas? Am I missing something?

Since trying to solve this I have seen Cardo do a "Teamset" for motorcycles - do you know if this is different to simply having two headsets as mentioned above?

Tomtom customer service have not answered my e.mail query nor have Scala!
Any help would be appreciated

Ah bugger. I have the earlier TOMTOM Rider and have had a few problems trying to get it to communicate to other devices. In the car its even worse as I have a PARROTT and there is conflict between the Phone, PARROTT and TOMTOM. They all have to be compatible and discoverable. Sorry but TOMTOM is your best port of call.

PS How is it as a Sat Nav?? should I upgrade??

Parky.

Parky1774 The Tomtom V2 is brilliant.
Easy to use and also great in the car (with purchase of car adaptor and built in speaker)
Safety camera sites are a bonus.

Thanks to Dickieboy and Flashman I now know how to solve the problem.
Buy a Scala Rider Q2.

P.S. Anyone want to but an unused Scala Rider ??

I took the time to ask the Cardo people whether that would happen before purchasing mine because in my opinion the descriptions found on their website weren't clear enough, this is what the site says:

"The unit works with up to three different Bluetooth® devices and switches seamlessly among them:" :confused:

only to add later:

To other scala-rider Q2 Headsets :nenau

"The unit works with up to bla, bla, bla.. (...)" may lead anyone to believe that communication between two regular (non-Q2 or Teamset) Scala-riders is possible because all Scala riders are Bluetooth capable but for some reason this is not the case, even though you will be able to connect either with the TTR2 you won't be able to listen/speak to each other, this is what the Cardo guy told me:

The only way to gey any kind of intercom communication with a Scala rider is to connect it to a Scala Rider Q2. Using this setup you will be able to talk rider to passenger

and

It is not possible to combine two scala-rider or scala-rider FM headsets for intercom communication. The only Cardo product that features Intercom functionality is the scala-rider Teamset.

I had to buy a Teamset and forget (or install it on the off-road helmet) about the unit supplied with the TTR2 but in the end it was worth it because there wasn't that big a difference between buying a single or a team set.

I can now listen clearly to either the Tom or my girlfriend screaming whether she's home or right behind me. :D

Boy, do I not talk/write too much? :jibber

Back
Top Bottom