Hull Traily

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Cheers for a good ride this am.............

Fecking freezing though..................there's some others still out there:eek:

Cheers from me to. Started off in nice sunshine, got hot riding up first bit so took jumper and scarf off, then froze my arse off on the next bit!!

Had to stop a few times to wipe snow off goggles so I could see, then when stopped it started hailing and beadblasting exposed parts of face!!

I chickened out halfway through, partly coz boots had leaked and hands frozen, partly coz I was scared of damaging my adventure and myself!!

Nice to meet you all even though I didnt catch any names.

Anyone got any good pics? I forgot I had my camera most of the time and when I did remember we all started to move again so I had to put it away. Think I got 4 or 5 total!!

Oh by the way, thank you to the guys who helped me up the slippery mud/grassy bit at the beginning, top peeps.

Last edited:
Hello Guys, thanks for the run out today, I had a smashing time...And what a great turnout, If I may say so, everyone was a credit to themselves, dragging people out of mud and offering up hints and tips of how to get around etc, a real team effort in places so well done all.:clap:clap

And more thanks for HT for taking the time out to "guide" us around, must have been feeling a wee bit pressured (I know I would) Having all those Tossers relying on his every wheel turn, so well done you:bow:bow, and lovely to meet. Next time let's hope for some better weather.

I will attempt to post some pics, they aren't very good, but you might just see yourselves in there.:ymca:ymca:ymca

P.s. Can whoever took the group photo post it soon....cheers.:thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 512
More.....:eek:onyack

Attachments

• IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 496
Just got home, dumped the bike in the garage & headed for a good long soak in the bath... I did 300 miles since I set off this morning - not bad for a 250 2-stroke :D

Big thanks, HT, for a fantastic day's riding. Even the weather was good (at least we weren't having to ride in a foot of snow...:rolleyes:) & it was good to be there 'til the end

:thumb2

Good pictures. I only bought the Yammy 250 I was on yesterday, set off to Hereford after work about half four, and arrived much later having negotiated the M62 car park for the evening. Got home 3 O'clock this morning, took bike off trailer and then had to deal with some dumb f**k dancing on my car roof:spitfire. That took us to about 5 am, then had to take my dog to the vet for 8.45.

That weather was a proper wake-up! Had a hoot though, and if anyone knows when the next typhoon is due, give us a shout I'd be up for it again.

Thanks to HT, JB and everyone else who slotted into the 'organising, looking after, and knowing what you're doing' positions:thumb2

Hey guys,

A brilliant day. Thanks to everybody who had a hand in organising it. Thanks for all the lifts:thumb:thumb:thumb.

Sorry I had to leave at Whitby, family reasons. Just as well I did though. Managed to make it back through just a few snow storms. As soon as I got home it got really serious up here. Had to go and find my daughter and her boyfriend in a snow storm.

Any body got spare mirrors for a Dakar?:augie:augie:augie

First attempt at pics, lets see what happens.

Attachments

• Off Road 21-3-08 001_320x240.jpg
    Off Road 21-3-08 001_320x240.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 474
  • Off Road 21-3-08 002_320x240.jpg
    Off Road 21-3-08 002_320x240.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 475
  • Off Road 21-3-08 004_320x240.jpg
    Off Road 21-3-08 004_320x240.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 471
  • Off Road 21-3-08 005_320x240.jpg
    Off Road 21-3-08 005_320x240.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 465
what a great day:clap:clap:D:thumb2

let me introduce myself, im the guy with the 1150 with the fried clutch:eek: and the "ditch finder" tyres:D

It was my first time and god it showed, I now know my limitations:eek::eek:

Im sorry that I didnt get many names, but a BIG, BIG thankyou to all those that picked me and the bike up, pushed, pulled, bump started:eek: and advised:clap:clap:clap

I tried to get some photos but being always last, when I arrived at a stop every one then set-off again

Ill post what I got without boring you with captions in between photos, although it does go to say that the photos dont show how awfull the weather was after a brilliant start and how steep some of the slopes were.:eek:

th_DSCF0334.jpg

th_DSCF0335.jpg

th_DSCF0333.jpg

th_DSCF0332.jpg

th_DSCF0336.jpg

th_DSCF0337.jpg

th_DSCF0338.jpg

th_DSCF0339.jpg

th_DSCF0340.jpg

th_DSCF0341.jpg

th_DSCF0342.jpg

Im sorry that I didnt make it all the way but one too many offs, the snow and sleet, the fading brakes due to loosing brake fluid and diminising confidence made my mind up to call it a day and accept my very low limitations

After leaving you guys I realised I didnt know where I was, not to worry as I've got sat nav:mmmm but sat nav doesnt like four crashes, sleet or snow either:blast

honours go to;

Hulltraily for leading:clap:clap:clap

Me for the most "offs"

The guys at the back of the group who did all the mopping up (sorry dont know your names):clap:clap:clap

Most expensive "off" the guy on the 650 with a bust screen:eek::eek:

best fashion accessory goes to the bloke with brown tape round his trousers:D:clap

And me for looking liking like a twat:blast:p:eek:

And for those that call yourselves organisers, less hailstones, snow and sleet next time! consider yourselves told:rob:D:D

Thanks again guys:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:bow

Cheers Hull traily :thumb

Good day out, although I suffered for it, wrist was completely f*cked by Whitby, barely able to use clutch at all on the ride back !

Good acrobatic show as well, hope the repairs don't prove to expensive !

Well done to all those who helped organise, everything went really rather smoothly and as far as I know nobody went missing.

Excellent turnout :thumb

Attachments

• DSC00696.jpg
    DSC00696.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC00705.JPG
    DSC00705.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 419
  • DSC00702.JPG
    DSC00702.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 419
Glad you all enjoyed it, hope the weather didn't put anyone off, I'll try and book some sun for the next one. Repairs shouldn't be too bad, pair of indicators, mirror and a screen should do it. No rush to get it fixed though as what I thought was just a tweaked ankle in the fall turned out to be an isolated fracture of the medial malleolus, or broken ankle to you and me so I'll be off the bike for a week or four. Leaves plenty of time for other things though eh :beer: .

Glad you all enjoyed it, hope the weather didn't put anyone off, I'll try and book some sun for the next one. Repairs shouldn't be too bad, pair of indicators, mirror and a screen should do it. No rush to get it fixed though as what I thought was just a tweaked ankle in the fall turned out to be an isolated fracture of the medial malleolus, or broken ankle to you and me so I'll be off the bike for a week or four. Leaves plenty of time for other things though eh :beer: .

Sorry to hear about the ankle old boy...:( But defo try for some sun on the next one, and we should make a point of there being a next one.

Do you think you might get a chance to post the route for the day, I might have a dander up again, try and master that muddy hill...:eek::eek: Shocker.

cheers again dude.

Sorry to hear about the ankle, wishing you a speedy recovery:thumb

will give you plenty of time to do the other repairs:augie

Sorry to hear about the Ankle, hope it heals up soon. The weather wasn't too bad, although a bit of sun on the next one wouldn't go amiss.

Hull Traily, how is the ankle? Was wondering if you ever had the chance to upload te GPS data (or E-mail) so I can Load it on my Garmin and have a look where I was and maybye have an attempt at the route on my own.

He was due to go to Morocco 2 week's after this event,but Not heard fromhimso don'tknow if the damage to his leg stopped him going :(

Hull Traily, how is the ankle? Was wondering if you ever had the chance to upload te GPS data (or E-mail) so I can Load it on my Garmin and have a look where I was and maybye have an attempt at the route on my own.

Didn't do a tracklog but i can remember most of the lanes, before bailing out at Whitby. If you need a route let me know and i'll see what i can sort out. Might even be up for a ride out.:aidan

Back
Top Bottom