Nick Sanders - Alaska

Roge

Reaction score
3 mates and myself are looking at a Nick Sanders trip from New York - Alaska - New York in September 04.
Anyone have any experience of these trips, Nick is a pretty odd character excentric to say the least etc etc

Cant speak from experiance, but I considered joining Mr Sanders on one of his trips and was warned to consider it very carefully, as theres been a few disgruntiled people on his trips.

Also the head of Triumph America has "fell out" with him for an unknown reason. Probably the reason he's riding a Yamaha now.

This information came from a motorcycle tour guide in Canada.

looking at some of his trips it appreared that you could organise it yourself without to much hassle. a few friends of mine looked into hiring a container to ship there bikes to the US. I'll try and find out what sort of cost was involved.

~Stef~

I`ve heard similar reports myself. He dictates a brisk pace that is`nt always popular with his clients and his view on that is ...tough.
You pay a lot of money for something you could quite easily arrange yourself with the resources of the internet at your disposal...just ask a few on the ADV board what routes they took, where they stayed etc....its a popular trip with our colonial cousins.

I flew to the states, hired a new goldwing and rode it for 14 days.
Flights, bike hire, food, hotels, hookers n drink came to £1300

Do you really want to spend that much time with Nick. Remember he is not doing it for charity and there is a profit in it for him. Just get organised and do it yourself.

Cruise America supplied my bike. Their fleet are never more than 6 months old, the service is first rate and the prices are very good with some great offers out of season (two weeks for the price of one etc).

www.cruiseamerica.com

Dave Hall said:
Cruise America supplied my bike. Their fleet are never more than 6 months old, the service is first rate and the prices are very good with some great offers out of season (two weeks for the price of one etc).

www.cruiseamerica.com

I did that in 1999.

I should think Nick Saunders is a FREE SPRIT how fantastic is that but mixing it with bussiness could be a cocktail for disarster.

I would hook up with the ADVRIDERS and learn a new language.

Issue 15 of Motorcycle Voyager has an article about a trip to Morocco with him. OK, so they had bad luck with the weather, but there's some eyebrow-raising bits, both in terms of (lack of) organisation and what the editor allowed to go into the magazine.

I think the article would make a lot of people reconsider the wisdom of paying for a trip with him. Makes me wonder whether this was what the editor intended.

Tim

i seen him at a talk in Coleraine about a year ago.... TOSSER

he said he left someone behind on one of his trips!!!!

I thought about doing a trip with him some time ago, but after a "chat" with a Canadian friend who works in motorcyle tours I was warned off.

I am considering a trip to Morrocco and Nick Sanders & World of BMW both do one. The BM trip seems very good but ony short distances covered daily. Nick looks a complete Lunatic but I guess you have to be to do what hes done. I admire the bloke and in some ways am envious of his life style Would I put my trust in his trip? not sure. As for arranging a group I must admit I am a bit of a loner and not sure I would be fun with a group but don't want to go alone. Spent up to 3 weeks travelling alone and I must admit you do get lonely particularily in the evening ( no one to say hey what about that road or this bend)

4 sounds a really nice group size. Get yer maps do your omework and pick the brains of the people on Advrider. you´ll have a better time.

bob

Not Nick - but about Alaska. I went out there last summer on an AKRider trip. We went from Anchorage all the way to Prudhoe Bay. Truly amazing and well worth the trip. Phil of AKRider did a fantastic job. If you are thinking of Alaska then why not be guided by an ALASKAN. His website is http://www.akrider.com

ps I knew Nick 20 years ago when he he bicycled around the world.

Back
Top Bottom