Designers with two minutes to spare...

Its all in French you dipstick!...back to the drawing board for you

(there I go with the irony again..I`ll never learn)

yeah - very good - i couldn't do it - but ----

if theres one thing that pisses me off about moving pages is that they're too slow

can you just make them move a bit faster - everyone, pls

lifes too short to wait for a frame to move across a screen

Phil

motomartin said:
yeah - very good - i couldn't do it - but ----

if theres one thing that pisses me off about moving pages is that they're too slow

can you just make them move a bit faster - everyone, pls

lifes too short to wait for a frame to move across a screen

Phil

i agree

take the frame rate up to about 18 or even 22/24 and see what happens.. should be a lot smoother..

how big is the file?

i think the outside background colour should be different..

will make the site stand out more..

otherwise.. nice n clean n simple..

navigation is clear and easy to understand..

maybe have a look at the alignment fo yer text bits,, just to make them a bit neater

othrewise nice one..

ps remember flash content doesnt get picked up by search engines so get it into the meta tags on the front page..

otherwise the site wont be piked up by google/yahoo etc

have a look at source of wwwseanfit.com for good use of meta tags ..

regards

pthag

Site seems fine. The Flash Intro is the better for being short but the animation in each following page might just be superfluous but does look good. What I would suggest is that the link on the Acces page has some sort of rollover effect applied as my cursor does not change when hovering above it to mark it as a link (nor does the e-mail link). A good site that now just needs more content to make someone want to visit, perhaps some product pictures or sample instalations that reflect the type/quality of the stock i.e. cut price or high cost.

Regards
Andy80F

Thanks for the input. The site is only 12 frames per second and its 350KB due to me keeping the images quite large so they don't de-pixel on larger screens.
I have not put any loading script into it as I have yet to figure it out. Are you all using broadband or has one of you used a modem to see it. Probably a nightmare. So I'll have to figure out the load script.
Again txs

take the jpg quality down a tad in the movie controlls..play with it its the easiest way to get the best effect..

ps re animations etc..

its always better to have images fadin and out opposed to moving or morphing..

moving an image is what makes file sizes larger..

move the shape in then have the image quickly appear in that area and you will find the file size is smaller..

check out flashkit.co for loads of free stuff and flas to help you learn

regards

pthag

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon

But a kind sole gave me a evaluation copy of some web software and I've had a go at doing me own site for me new bussines after xmas any contructive coments greatfuully received.

G of www.parkernet.co.uk be gental folks

Pthagonal said:
moving an image is what makes file sizes larger..

move the shape in then have the image quickly appear in that area and you will find the file size is smaller..
I'll try it but I'm not convinced as the Jpegs are in my files library and have to be downloaded. The animation might flicker so its a better idea to fade in as you suggest but I'm not sure it'll make a good difference on the overall file size.

Thanks again to all comments.

Back
Top Bottom