4 days in early June...

steveh

Reaction score
so where would you go in early June?

I've got 4 whole days to travel and am thinking leave calais first thing

travel down SW france and head to the alps. Which roads/sites would you take in:bounce1??? (Thinking route nepoleon on the way back for fun)

so where would you go in early June?

I've got 4 whole days to travel and am thinking leave calais first thing

travel down SW france and head to the alps. Which roads/sites would you take in:bounce1??? (Thinking route nepoleon on the way back for fun)

I think if you want to have a little time for eating and sleeping then 4 days may not really be enough, although I'm sure it can be done in that time.

4 days is tight but you could aim for Annecy, Briancon, route napoleon and back in 4 days and pick up a few col's and passes on the way.

Why not do as much travelling and do some sightseeing? Normandy isnt that far and 4 days will be plenty to see all the sights.

As for somewhere to stay- you could do an awful lot worse than the Normandy Beach B+B in Arromanches- Adrian is a wonderful host, secure bike parking and he does a belting breakfast.

While you could - just - do the Route Napoleon and back in 4 days, it'll be so tiring getting there and back that I think most would enjoy a more realistic mileage.

If you want mountain roads, I'd suggest the Vosges in France and the Black Forest in Germany. Head for Sarreguemines in France on day one (via Belgium and Luxembourg in the Ardennes) spend day two riding southwards in the Vosges - Route des Cretes, perhaps, or criss-cross to do more passes. Cross the Rhine near Mulhouse and spend day three heading North in the Black Forest up to Koblenz. Day four in the Eifel Mts/Ardennes - call in at the Nurburgring - and back to Calais.

Even those mileages will be challenging on the mountain roads, but you'll have the option to spend the beginning and end of the trip on motorways if you want to make up time.

Back
Top Bottom