Aerostitch for the poor?

From what I can see on the website it looks like reasonable stuff Yosi. Im am currently looking for a two peice suit & I must admit I am tempted by some of the Fieldsheer gear on the link. Has anyone out there had any experience with Fieldsheer gear reference comfort, water-proofness, protection etc - you know the sort of thing? My personnal pet hate is gear thats flaps in the wind, especially on the arms / shoulders. Any comments on the above would be greatly appreciated before I part with my hard earned.

Kev

Same comments as Carefulkev.... I'm looking for a 2-piece as well.
Thought the Fieldsheer XP Tech Jacket and trousers looked an interesting prospect. They seem to have some leather inserts in the right places (ooh missus).
Not sure about the waterproofing however... they use Fieldsheer Rainguard. not sure how this would compare against Goretex???

Anyone any experience, views?

Fieldsheer

Just looked at the website as I'm looking for replacement leathers. Some of the leather jackets look interesting.

Will watch this thread for peoples comments/experiences of Fieldsheer.

Regards

Tim

Having seen Fieldsheer stuff "in the flesh", it looks pretty well made and good value too. Taz Motorcycles in Peterborough are stockists, and my mate bought one of their Spiga jackets. So far it seems to have been waterproof.

When I can finally afford to replace my beaten and battered Frank Thomas, I think I'll be buying Fieldsheer, probably the Manx Pro.

Looks top stuff.....

At last there are some trousers for a bike that arn't plain black which is a godsend. If anyone has tried the Manx trousers and can provide feedback I'm all ears (as you can see from my avatar)

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

Fieldsheer

Father Xmas arrived early for me this year - on Saturday he bought me a Fieldsheer Highland 1 pc suit .
It is well put together , has armour in all the right places - I reckon it is a top bit of kit for the money .
The proof of the pudding is in the eating ........... will let you know how it performs [ black / silver - got it from Sutton Motorcycles in Sutton Coldfield - www.suttonmotorcycles.com ]

Steady Eddie

Thanks for your comments everone & your original post Yosi. If time permits I am going to call into Sutton Motorcycles tomorow whilst I am in the area to have a look at the kit in person.:thumb

Carefulkev. Let me know how you get on.
Particularly interested in the XP Tech Jacket and trousers.

I haven't had a chance to go and look. My nearest stockist appears to be Trevor Pope Motorcycles, Portsmouth.

dammit i wish i had seen this post before i went and got some gericke stuff! mind you, i have been pretty happy with their stuff so far, but this stuff looks nicer!!

Some "road testing" would be nice, dont want to see anyone hurt though! maybe Ride or Bike would be interested in doing a test for us!

Cian

(Masterdabber) I called into Sutton Motorcycles today & had a look at the XP Tech gear. On the face of it the quality seemed good, appeared robust, I think looked the part, especially the jacket & the price was right.....but they didnt have very much in the way of sizes in stock. I tried on a medium size pair (36) of trousers which were a touch on the large size & seemed very baggy in the legs (I'm sort off......... erm medium build). I would have liked to try on the next size down but Sutton didnt have any in. Still suspect that because of the cut the legs they may also have been a bit on the baggy side? The jeans had a zip that went nearly all the way round but the XP Tech jacket did not have a zip at all so they are not able to be zipped together. Apparently only the shorter jackets have this facility. Dont think the shorter jackets are of the same style with leather on the impact zones. The jeans had proper armour in the knees but only soft armour/padding on the hips, although there was a pocket behind these which looks like "proper" armour could be fitted. I'm undecided at the moment but in the end I may go for BM's gear. A LOT more costly I know, but comes in a much greater range of sizes [e.g. various leg lengths for each waist size - ideal for the vertically challenged like myself!], I think zip together & is washable which I'm not sure XP tech is :confused: Hope this is off some help. I will certainly be reading posts on this site & carrying out more research before making my decision. :mmmm

Thanks for the feedback Carefulkev. Sounds like a few negatives there!
I would prefer to be able to zip jacket and trousers together.
Also, looking at their site they only show waist sizes for trousers, no variable lengths (as you have said). I think waist for me would be categorised as large by Fieldshare (34") but I'm concerned trousers could be too long.
I guess I may take a trip to Portsmouth and have a look though.

Good idea Masterdabber & a good excuse for another ride on your new bike! The gear is certainly worth a look at. Another 2 peice suit I have heard about of similar design is the "Prexport Tuono" but I dont know much about it ?

Yosi said:
Fancy an Aerostitch bu hate the price?

Then, look here...http://fieldsheer.com/uk/catalog/highland 1pc suit.htm

Look too good to be true for 200 quids...

This suit is also badged by TRIUMPH M/C, I have a friend who owns a dealership down south , and I got two at trade prices for my wife (I use an Aerostitch) and my son .

At first my wife's suit through "infrequent use" was "stiff", but over the last 12 months has become more useable.My son rides to work in Central London and uses his every day in the winter ( for the last 2 years)........he swears by it for winter use .

Bought one from Sutton Motorcycles . Fieldsheer regarded as good quality by a work colleague who used to work in bike trade.
Worn twice then a tooth in central zip broke away rendering suit US .

Credit to Sutton Motorcycles who replaced with no problems and wore replacement for first time in horrible driving rain and spray.

Completely waterproof and warm so now a Happy Bunny.

Pity my bonce got a soaking from SportIntegral helmet which fogged in closed position but remained clear when clicked in slightly open position but then let all the bloody water in

Doh

Back
Top Bottom