case finishes on 650 GS

Deleted Member Mtn

anybody had trouble with the finish rubbing off on their engine cases right by where you change gear.

the enamelling on mine has been rubbed off by my boot, probably by gear changing.... but its only done 8,000 and i bought it new in March.

trying to get the panel changed under warranty.... has anybody else tried this and been succesful?

(by the way.... baby's back tomorrow xx)

I rubbed the finish off my 650 too.

'Twas under an artic at the time and the case got rubbed off the bike not the enamel off the case.........

Don't spose thats very constructive is it.
Sorry.

I don't even bother taking my coat off on a friday night......

:(

Matron said:
The enamelling on mine has been rubbed off by my boot
Do you wear *ordinary* leather and rubber-soled boots or are they those off-road ones with a band of metal around the toe area? Hmm .. just had a look at mine and the gear lever is nowhere near the cases, so I'm curious how it happened.

I'd be *very* surprised if you could get it replaced under warranty, unless you could get *expert evidence* to prove that the paint finish on your particular panel was very poor. Still good luck in trying :gringo

F650 website dedicated to UK and Ireland owners / entusiasts

i wear bmw wellies but i just wonder now if it was me decking it in princetown this year, and i didnt notice, while was trying to crawl under a stone.

in that case, my bmw engine bars are shite!! will try to guage where my boot actually is next time i'm out (which will be as soon as i've finished this essay i'm doing)

The cases on mine are rubbed away too, both gearchange and brake sides. It was done by a previous owner so I can't guarantee it was caused by his boots but it certainly looks like it. What with that and the flaking paint at the front I might as well take the whole lump out and paint it.

Back
Top Bottom