Thixendale

Hookster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
HD8 . In t'Western Riding of Yorkestersershire
Just a spit from Seaways at Fridaythorpe and worth a few minutes detour if you're heading back to or from Garrowby Hill. Just turn off at the Farmers Arms and once you're past the farm buildings its a lovely little single track road to Thixendale. Out of Thixendale towards Leavening and take a left before entering same to take you back to the 166.

Attachments

• DSC00043.jpg
    DSC00043.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 243
Yep :thumb First time I did that I was grinning like a cheshire cat.....SHMBO was on her sv650 and did,nt like it much, loves it now though on her GS :D:thumb

isnt there a rally over fridythorp way?

MAG used to have the 'Into the valley' rally up there.The last time they had it there it was ermmm rather muddy.The event is now held at Sledmere House.

:hide Is it me ...but that road gives me the creeps...not disagreeing about the rideability but there seems to be a ..... well sort of ominous presence there ........is it the lack of a tree or stream , ..I'll get my coat..:confused:

:hide Is it me ...but that road gives me the creeps...not disagreeing about the rideability but there seems to be a ..... well sort of ominous presence there ........is it the lack of a tree or stream , ..I'll get my coat..:confused:

Well, i think it's part of the charm. It's deffo a bit of a land that time forgot. The Cross Keys in Thixendale itself is a kind of less friendly Slaughtered Lamb real ale pub. I dread to think what the locals get up to on a night........

:crossbone

Well, i think it's part of the charm. It's deffo a bit of a land that time forgot. The Cross Keys in Thixendale itself is a kind of less friendly Slaughtered Lamb real ale pub. I dread to think what the locals get up to on a night........
:crossbone

Ultra quiet on these roads - been there on various sports bikes and it definitely makes for interesting riding. Better on a GS by far.

Last time I looked the pub was in the Good Beer Guide. :beer:

Is there any campsite in the vicinity?

Ultra quiet on these roads - been there on various sports bikes and it definitely makes for interesting riding. Better on a GS by far.

Last time I looked the pub was in the Good Beer Guide. :beer:

Is there any campsite in the vicinity?

Sorry dunno, last time I was there I was taxied by one of them there females. Always the best way I find. Don't get me wrong I often offer to drive............but :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: Mrs Hooky knows that if I do drive and I don't have to carry her back to the car after, I'll feel cheated cos she might as well have driven if she isn't going to get hammered. It might not be fair but thems the rules.

Don't get me wrong I often offer to drive............but :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: Mrs Hooky knows that if I do drive and I don't have to carry her back to the car after, I'll feel cheated cos she might as well have driven if she isn't going to get hammered. It might not be fair but thems the rules.

I like those rules :bounce1
Bit far to drive all the way to Thixendale just for a :beer: though.

Back
Top Bottom