mac files on an windows pc

wuffi

hi folks,

do you know any way to open an adobe indesign-file (*.indd) from an apple mac in my windows xp-system? is there any file converter or something else?

i already use adobe indesign for windows.

thanks

wuffi

ps: please don´t start another discussion about the pros of both systems, thank you ;)

hmm

you should be able to save the file for pc from the mac..

either resave it form mac or get whoever did it to do it for you..

not sure hwat else to do, dont use indesign.. but most of the other adobe products are cross platform compatible..

regards

Pthag

The files should be completely interchangeable in that when saved from Indesign on the Mac it will open directly in Indesign on a PC. This certainly is true of other Adobe progs such as Photoshop and GoLive. In fact I will often email web page updates into work to view on PC's that have been made on a Mac at home.

The only potential pitfall is that the Mac does not need the file extension appended to the title but the PC might if it is to recognise the format. Most Mac Progs give the option to add the format (the .psd, .indd etc after the name) or if it is missing you can add it yourself.

My experience is that changing files between Mac and PC's is often easier than changing between different windows versions.:confused:

I have Macs at home and a broadband connection should things not go smoothly and I can be any help please feel free to contact me.

Regards
Andy80F

hi,

many thanks for your help. i solved that problem by getting the newest version of indesign. there are some additional features in the new version that are not in the old one. i can open the files with no problem now.

wuffi

Back
Top Bottom