Advice please

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
When i see a good link to a website and want to pass it on to a worthy recipient, is there a way of saving it for the transfer? At the moment i'm scribbling down the address and copying it in an e-mail, VERY laborious! Thanks:confused:

Place your cursor at the start of the address in the address bar of your browser it should change to the little straight bar you see in word processors when working with text. Click and drag the cursor across the address or, in some browsers simply double click on the adress. With the addresss now highlighted "copy" the address using the control-c or copy command from the menu. The address is now in your computers virtual clipboard and can be pasted, using control-v or paste command, into an e-mail, letter of anywhere you want too.

Some e-mail programs also have the facility to import addresses from your internet browser. Look in the menu's for an "insert" option which may, in addition to inserting pictures etc, allow you to inert hyperlinks from your browser which should be left open in the background.

There are several other ways to achieve what you want but hopefully either of the above methods will work for you and make things easier.

Regards
Andy80F

Or if you want it quicker: right click the link and select Copy Shortcut >> Paste elsewhere

Cheers,
Michel

There is an even easier way.

If you are using Internet Exploder then simply choose the following from the main menu:

File --> Send --> Link by email (or page by email)

This will launch your default email programme and place the link or a copy of the link and the web page into the body of the mail.

Mike

Or if you want it quicker: right click the link and select Copy Shortcut >> Paste elsewhere

Even easier and will also read the address out to me if I want (though cant think why I'd want it too).

Regards
Andy80F

mikebelch said:
There is an even easier way..........

This will launch your default email programme and place the link or a copy of the link and the web page into the body of the mail.

Mike

Bloody hell Mike.... who said you can't teach a (not so) old Tosser new tricks....... cheers, thanks for that :)

mikebelch said:
There is an even easier way.

If you are using Internet Exploder then simply choose the following from the main menu:

Mike
IE? IE?!!!! I thought when you pledged an alliegence to Sun you were no longer allowed to reference Microshite products, shouldn't you answer have assumed the use of Netscape 7 for Solaris? :D

judge said:
IE? IE?!!!! I thought when you pledged an alliegence to Sun you were no longer allowed to reference Microshite products, shouldn't you answer have assumed the use of Netscape 7 for Solaris? :D

OK Guv, it's a fair cop.

Actually on the PC I quite often use Mozilla Firebird as my browser and always use Mozilla Thunderbird for email. Love it or hate it, IE isn't a bad browser. I never ever liked Netscape - which is why I'm really glad now that I have Mozilla as an alternative. Mozilla, unlike Netscape gets bugs fixed really quickly and it has so many neat features these days.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom