Saturday lunch 12/04 - The Best Fish & Chips in Britain?

Mr K

Reaction score
Saturday lunch 12/04 - The Best Fish & Chips in Britain? + Ride report

In the comic this week a chap rode his R6 325 miles to the Townhead Cafe in Biggar.
It was voted the best fish & chippy in the British Isles, last year.

I fancy a run-up and Haddock, chips & mushy-peas to verify this.

I'd be leaving the roundabout beside Newcastle Airport about 10:00.

At Carter Bar at about 11:00.

Stop at the supermarket in Hawick for petrol..

...and Biggar by 12:30-13:00....:nenau

Weather forecast looks ropey, but I'm sick of stoppin' in...

www.townheadbiggar.com (Website needs a bit of fine-tuning)

Townhead Cafe
189 High Street,
Biggar,
ML12 6DJ

:beerjug:

I'll join you if the V5 doesn't turn up tomorrow. :tears

Fancy swinging my Alnwick as well - I need to give Forry some wheels.

Andrew

I'll join you if the V5 doesn't turn up tomorrow. :tears

Fancy swinging my Alnwick as well - I need to give Forry some wheels.

Andrew

Cool - Turn-out doesn't look massive..

Wouldn't Carter Bar or Hawick be better for Forry...?

...or has he moved out? :eek:

:D

PS: "If the V5 doesn't turn up"?

I'm supposed to going to Morocco like, now, but the V5 for new bike hasn't come. They say upto four weeks, I thought it would take a week. Until it arrives there's no setting off.

Hawick would be better for Forry. I'll PM him, maybe he'll join us. Can't see him moving out anytime soon. :D

I suppose Hawicks half way I could meet you there :thumb

Would have liked to have teamed up with you guys but I'm heading to Oban on Saturday to meet up with some Oonyjacistanis . Maybe another time, eh?

Biggar is a nice wee run :thumb2

Would have liked to have teamed up with you guys but I'm heading to Oban on Saturday to meet up with some old farts. Maybe another time, eh?

Biggar is a nice wee run :thumb2

Your welcome anytime mate :thumb2

In the comic this week a chap rode his R6 325 miles to the Townhead Cafe in Biggar.
It was voted the best fish & chippy in the British Isles, last year.

I fancy a run-up and Haddock, chips & mushy-peas to verify this.

Don't forget to ask them to lob a mars bar in while you're waiting for your fish n chips:nenau

Don't forget to ask them to lob a mars bar in while you're waiting for your fish n chips:nenau

Stevie, at work, who's a lover of all the quality food groups: Cake, McDonalds, Greggs Pasties etc..tried one in Glasgow - He said it was bl**dy awful..

:nenau

....and it looks like a good day for it tomorrow ...if all this rain washes the salt away....:augie

....unless of course it's snowing in the Borders..

:blast

Yes.. and a nice deep fried pie;)

What about meeting at Jedburgh 11am it's only a few miles from Carter Bar there's fuel station and you can get a brew at the Edinburgh Wollen Mill cafe.

We can put all the bits that have dropped off Snoops bike back on then head for the chippy ;)

Attachments

• bigger chippy run.gdb
    262 bytes · Views: 35
What about meeting at Jedburgh 11am it's only a few miles from Carter Bar there's fuel station and you can get a brew at the Edinburgh Wollen Mill cafe.

We can put all the bits that have dropped off Snoops bike back on then head for the chippy ;)

Can do - I don't mind if it's cold and dry, but if it's pishing-down and cold I may save this run for a sunny day...

:ymca

Can do - I don't mind if it's cold and dry, but if it's pishing-down and cold I may save this run for a sunny day...

:ymca

Make your mind up Kelly yes or no bit of rains never hurt anyone don't want to give the Southerners the impression we're soft :augie

I'll check this thread tomorrow morning at 0830 let me know what's happening by then :thumb2

Make your mind up Kelly yes or no bit of rains never hurt anyone don't want to give the Southerners the impression we're soft :augie

I'll check this thread tomorrow morning at 0830 let me know what's happening by then :thumb2

Will do - A day like today was would be great...

:eek:

I've got caught in it and have a wet crotch again (Goretex failure honest)

Just ironing some seam tape on to fix.

I too will check at 8.30 and see what's happening.

Forry - bring some bungies or straps you ain't having mine!

I've got caught in it and have a wet crotch again (Goretex failure honest)

Just ironing some seam tape on to fix.

I too will check at 8.30 and see what's happening.

Forry - bring some bungies or straps you ain't having mine!

You really need to get that bladder problem sorted Andrew !!!

I'll have some bungees/straps with me :thumb2

Nice morning up here we might catch the odd shower but that's fek all :thumb2

Any word from your love child Andrew?:augie

:jes

He's probably very tired - He'll have been up late playing strip-poker with his "friends".....

:augie

Back
Top Bottom