Colorado 300 or a...

Wreford Miles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of upgrading my quest.

What's the one to buy?

I want good offroad capability and it would be nice to have a great turn by turn.

I like the look of Topo maps

I can't seem to et a straight answer on a Colorado over a 60CSX

what's all this Zumo/550 stuff I've seen them on 1200's so I've steered clear:hide... should I hav eone of these with Topo maps?

Thanks

If you are planning on using it for walking, or perhaps occasionally being upside-down on your bike, (and don't want to wreck a Streetpilot)... then Either the 60C(s)x or the Colorado is for you..

I've just bought a Colorado, and lent my Dad my 60C (no x).

At the moment it seems the 60CSx is better then the New kid... there is a high likelihood that the Colorado will improve so that it is better (subjectively) than the older unit over the next few months though...

Pay a visit to this site here for quite a lot of info on the Colorado, including a comparison of it against the 60CSx.

http://garmincolorado.wikispaces.com/

I'm still wondering if I made the right choice, but at the moment I feel there is not enough in it to be bothered... I like the smaller size and larger screen... it does what I want mostly, and will do everything in a few months most likely..

I have a 2820 for the Camper and road riding my bike. The in-helmet turn prompts are what caused me to upgrade my 60C for the Streetpilot... But In Morocco I took the Streetpilot off and rode with the 60C as it sits closer to the bike and has already survived a roll with no damage.

Be advised that you will not hear the beeps from either of the hand-held GPS's while riding... so you have to notice the turn prompts on the screen. If hearing an up-coming turn warning is important, you need an intercom and talking GPS hooked into it... (or in-ear plugs running to the GPS)

Al...

Very good GPS is the 60CSx, search around and you can probably find a 60CSx cheaper on ebay America than you can anywhere in the UK, same probably goes for the Colorado. I only paid around £170ish, and that includes getting nabbed by UK customs (Bless em) but then you need mapping too, and that costs… extra

If you want a talking GPS, you’ll have to look elsewhere cos the 60CSx and Colorado only bleep and there is no audio out that could be plugged in to a headset or intercom, unless your clever that is, and fit a mic in the GPS’s mount just behind the beeper, and feed that in to the intercom, I have seen it done with a car GPS a while back, the owner was very happy!

Zumo is your best bet really, use it on the bike or car.

I think Topo maps are disappointing, personally I wouldn’t bother

Colorado cradles (RAM-HOL-GA27)

.. have got some across. Noticed final design has an overarm (just like Quest) with a roller glide to slide the unit in place and arm clicks and locates, mericans calling it: ez-roll'r .

As with GA12 for the 60 series, a diamond base, ball plate attaches to the cradle.

Back
Top Bottom