Pyrenees 2008

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having made the decision to make straight for the Pyrenees from Bilbao, we (2friends, 2 bikes) aim to spend 3 or 4 nights there before heading for the coast.

Can anyone please recommend decent hotels with secure parking and some of the best roads...French or Spanish side.

Cheers

Mike

Having made the decision to make straight for the Pyrenees from Bilbao, we (2friends, 2 bikes) aim to spend 3 or 4 nights there before heading for the coast.

Can anyone please recommend decent hotels with secure parking and some of the best roads...French or Spanish side.

Cheers

Mike

Tricky one, as there are (as usual) so many hotels and more than enough roads.

Three years ago I simply packed my bags and rode the Pyrenees, from west to east, along the highest roads I could find. Sometimes I camped and some nights I lounged in hotels.

The roads were all solid, some simply better and wider (less cows spread across them) than others. It really was very simple to do.

Get any half decent map and work out where YOU want to go.

Spanish side, N260 but take a couple of days at least. Hotels, Parador at Sos del Rey Catolico, and Ainsa, stayed in a B & B without secure parking, but very pretty village, and it's on the N260 :)

N152 then on towards Ripoll.

2005 did Pyrenees and stayed here as base for 4 nights

http://www.hotelciria.com/

Carpark at the rear no problems at all, could have left the keys in the bike.

Fantastic base for exploring the roads including N260 and Andorra and back in a day.

Teejay

just returned after 3 weeks in pyrenees,i prefered the spanish side, hotel aboira in jaca has very secure parking and there are wonderful roads in the vicinity

Back
Top Bottom