Performance Chips

moose

I am thinking of fitting a performance chip from Motor Works to my R1100GS. Has anyone any info on these,i.e. do they work? Do you lose any bottom end power?
P.S. I have a remus road can fitted

Fish & Chips

Moose,

I have the bbpower chip from Motoworks fitted to my 99' 1100GS.

I have a Remus straight through connecting tube, which goes straight into a Remus race can.

Great fun....Increased mid range torque, no loss of bottom end power, in fact it smooths it out. My bike was surging a little around town at low revs....chip fitted, and problem gone away.

The new chip has 8 map settings, which is the main reason I bought it. There are 3 setting for low Octane fuel.

There are other options around including the lazer offering, but had Lazer fitted to my previous 1100 and had problems. The Bbpower chip works well. Not cheap but then what is?

Cheers
Simon T

Moose:
Do you still have the original collector box with catalytic converter? Or, do you have the Remus/Sebring Y-piece with your road can?
If the answer to the first is yes and the second, no, then you'd be better off initially getting a Y-piece. It frees up the engine and combines beautifully with your can. You can get the Y-piece (Sebring) for about £150 from Bracken, whereas a BBchip costs £200+ (Motorworks) and you could do with having somebody check things like idle speed and balance, so there are other costs involved.
Then, if you still want more power 3bhp-5bhp total over standard, you can add the chip later.
Hope this helps.
Simon E.

I fitted the Laser Can and and Power Chip to my GS11. Fitted just the can first then the chip about a week later.

Fitting the Chip certainly improves mid and high rev range power, and the motor runs slightly cooler than without the Chip.

The GS11’s have no ‘Y’ piece, the collector box and silencer is all one piece, the cans Laser, Remus etc slip strainght on to the down pipes.

If you need any advice fitting the chip give me a shout.

bhp with Bbpower chip

Moose,

Just wanted to correct the bhp figures that simon mentions above.

The 1100 stock will produce 80 -82 bhp. With the chip fitted in conjunction with an aftermarket exhaust you will see at the back wheel 93 bhp.

Fitting the chip though, does more than simply increase the bhp. Yep that extra power does add to the grin factor as you go up through the gears, but more importantly for me, it smooths out the power band and provides an equal power increase from 2nd to 5th. The oem chip just isn't as smooth.

As Paul mentions the 1100's original can and collector box is a single unit. You can repalce it with either a silencer with connecing tube or silencer with an after market collector box. if you wanted another collector box, it's an idea to get rid of the cat. Although the connecting tube option will also make your bike sound like, the bikes looks suggest it should, as opposed to a electric toothbrush.

As paul said, any problems give me a shout.

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

Sorry Moose and Simon:
Didn't look carefully enough at Moose's original thread and Simon's reply to notice he had the 1100, not 1150.
Doh . . .

:doh

Thanks for the advise, I do have aftermarket middle box (no cat).
Looks like I'm going to be spending more cash on my bike instead of the Missus!!:D

BP power chips

Moose,

If you fit the chip and the can could you tell me how you got on.
I am thinking of doing the same to my GS1100.:p

Oh can you also let me know if a numpty like me could fit it.:eek

Fred

Mathew,

Regarding fuel consumption, the theory says "more power, more fuel", however, I found that if anything I'm getting bettr mpg. Maybe the engine's simply running smoother.

From what I've experienced and read from others who've fitted chip and can, there doesn't seem to be a substantial increase in fuel requirement from the bike.

Keep on grinning:D

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom