Crash bobbins and things....

Schtum

Iconoclast
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Alder Enterprises has recently launched a range of crash bobbins, swingarm pivot covers and other assorted accessories for BMWs.

They're currently available from Nippy Norman's, Forth Gear and from the Alder Enterprises ebay shop.....

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/alderenterprise0138

I've just fitted a pair of front axle crash bobbins, one on the swing arm Paralever pivot point, an offside swingarm pivot cover and a pair of rear axle covers.

They are good quality, precision CNC machined, pieces of kit at prices lower than the R&G and Wunderlich equivalents.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mind yir ratchets under the bike an yir tyres could do with a shave:rob

No, that's the centre stand, Johnny....:rolleyes:

As for the tyres, I haven't found it necessary to ride off the edges of the Dunlops yet. :)

Schtum

How did you fit the drive shaft crash bung. I have a Wunder version but cant figure out how it should be mounted (no destructions) and wasn't sure how that black BMW bung comes out of the the shaft cover???

Sat Nav Mount for R1200RT

Schtum,

You obviously have some connection with Alder Enterprises due to the number of posts in which you have recommended their goods??

I recently sold my GS and now have an RT and am looking for a Sat Nav Mount on top of the clocks as per the Motorrad Concepts one I had on the GS. I liked the look of the gismos made by Alder Enterprises, so I sent an ebay masseage to them and lo and behold, I was advised in October that they indeed have such a mount in R&D. I asked for a photo, which was duly promised.

Unfortunately, I have been promised this photo twice now and have sent emails and further ebay mesages without a response or a photograph!

Is there any way other than emails of contacting them? Are they still in business?

Maybe it is because I was born and brought up in Dunfermline that I want to cross their palms with my money but unless they reply, I may have to go elsewhere.
Thanks in anticipation.

K

You obviously have some connection with Alder Enterprises due to the number of posts in which you have recommended their goods??

Only in asmuch as the proprietor is a friend of mine and I'm genuinely impressed with the quality of the products which are as good as you'd expect from someone who has OCD......:augie :D
Is there any way other than emails of contacting them? Are they still in business?

They're very much still in business. I think it may be a case of being a bit over-subscribed at the moment. However, I'll certainly find out where things are at with the R1200RT GPS mount and let you know.

Maybe it is because I was born and brought up in Dunfermline that I want to cross their palms with my money but unless they reply, I may have to go elsewhere.
Thanks in anticipation.

K

Nae bother neebs.....:)

Don't know how i missed this one... this section is for vendors not recommendations.. i'll move it to product reviews

Now that Alan Dalziel is Director of Motorrad Central East they have a cabinet full of Alder Enterprises bling for sale. I had previsously bought the rear crash bobbin for the 1200GS and it is a well machined bit of kit and 2 minutes to fit (remember to add some grease to the threads on the bobbin).

Back
Top Bottom