Nnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh......

DavidHale

Reaction score
.......SPLAT!!

I'm doing a skydive! :D On the 22nd June I'm going to throw myself out of an aeroplane and shortly afterwards I'll (hopefully) pull a bit of string and (hopefully) a large bit of nylon will pop out and (hopefully) float me gently to the ground. Hopefully.
:rolleyes:

Why? Because I want to and because I'm trying to do a bit for charity - the Huntington's Disease Association to be exact. I'm sure many of you will remember my Thread of Doom a year or so ago here, and fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your perspective) I'm Not Dead Yet. In that time I've used the services provided by the HDA and throughout they've been helpful, professional, compassionate and friendly. So I thought I'd try to put something back as they're not the obvious choice when most people think about donating to charity. It normally goes to fluffy donkeys or some such, whereas these people are making a real difference to people suffering from a pretty serious condition.

More info on the HDA can be found on their website, here, where there's loads of info about them and the whole degenerative brain disease thing.

They're also involved in the various research programs that are on going, so by supporting them I may even manage to help save my own skin.... :rolleyes:

So why did I choose a parachute jump? Well, quite honestly I rather go out at a hundred miles an hour with a splat than die slowly turning into some sort of slavering vegetable. I've seen folk with advanced Huntingtons. And I don't want to go there.

Sooooo, what next? Well, I've got a parachute training day on 19th June, with the jump booked for 22nd June. (Weather permitting, of course). It's a free-fall jump, no static lines or being strapped to some big burly bloke :ymca or anything, just me and a parachute. :cool: Oh, and a couple of instructors in case I make an arse of it...

Donations? The easiest is to go to the justgiving website where I've created a page: Link. Or you can send cheques to me made payable to The Huntington's Disease Association - PM me for my address.

THERE WILL BE STICKERS!! I just haven't drawn them yet. So if you are so kind as to donate some of your hard-earned, send me your address and I'll pop some stickers in the post for you. When I've got them printed. :thumb2

Right, enough already. I'm off for a beer. Or 3.

Many many thanks!

David :beer:

BUMP !!!!
No thats not David hitting the ground:augie:augie
Maybe one of the mods could sticky this and ask David to put a clearer link in...

I'm just sucking up to be included in his will:D:thumb2

good luck David, remember to wear a helmet cam wired for sound, want to hear screaming all the way down....:eek:

that's what I would be doing after all....:eek:

:eek:onyack

Proff (his his dodery old ways, bless) obviously kept hitting the wrong button (again :rolleyes: ) so here it is again:

To donate money click HERE.

That takes you to the page I've set up on the Justgiving web site, a secure way of sending money directly to the charity.

If you prefer, you can send a cheque to me, made payable to "The Huntington's Disease Association". Just PM me for my address.

Many, many thanks again!

And :

Packer :bow
Brassmonkey 001 :bow
Duchess :bow
Moooooo :bow
Garfield :bow

You're all great! You never know, it might be your money that finds a cure and means that I'll be around to post more inane shite for longer than is currently planned...
:D

You're all great! You never know, it might be your money that finds a cure and means that I'll be around to post more inane shite for longer than is currently planned...
:D

You'll put people off donating saying that:D

One thing I'd LOVE to do but am far too scared to :eek: so I'll pay you to be my proxy (money donated :thumb2).

Good on you, I'm very jealous :beerjug:

Andres

One thing I'd LOVE to do but am far too scared to :eek: so I'll pay you to be my proxy (money donated :thumb2).

Good on you, I'm very jealous :beerjug:

Andres

I don't think you have to worry - AFAIK if you hesitate the instructors 'help' your exit... :D

Cheers Andres :thumb

1. Do we still have to donate if you die doing it?

2. Do we still have to donate if you die before doing it?

Back
Top Bottom