london-oxford

patboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know some good roads, London to Oxford and back avoiding m25 and m40, mixture a, b and country roads. Going up to see a mate in a few weeks and just want to make it more interesting

cheers

Easy.

M40 Junc 1 (Denham Junc) turn right and take the Oxford Road A40 all the way..........goes thru High Wycombe, but the rest of the ride is enjoyable. Twisties, etc.

There's even a biker friendly pub en-route called the English Rose (Nr Tetsworth I think)

* edit; wot 'e said. must type quicker :D

There's even a biker friendly pub en-route called the English Rose (Nr Tetsworth I think)

yep, - and great food! - Pictures of Lady Di everywhere so as long as you can cope with that it is well worth a stop.

But think that it is at Postcombe. OX9 7DP

As above. Watch out for mobile cameras in Tetsworth (the village after Postcombe (England's Rose). They have been there quite often in recent weeks. Either at the eastern edge (gives you the willies as you come round the bend prior to the 30 limit though I think they are actuaally pointing back into the village) or just before the pub.

To avoid High Wycombe, turn of the A40 Just after Beaconsfield at the 2 mini roundabouts and head towards Wooburn Green / Bourne end then Marlow from Marlow take the B482 to Stokenchurch then pick up the A40 again.:thumb2

To avoid High Wycombe, turn of the A40 Just after Beaconsfield at the 2 mini roundabouts and head towards Wooburn Green / Bourne end then Marlow from Marlow take the B482 to Stokenchurch then pick up the A40 again.:thumb2

Oooh, forgot about that, nice one Keith................

Yes gods country!

As above, a40 is the best route out of many I've taken to Oxford; I used to go from town every weekend. It's all been said above re speed cameras, but if you like triumph bikes there's a big dealer en route that's usually buzzing with a few petrol-heads and sometimes even learner bike runs taking a breather.

That'll be Hughenden M40 at Milton Common (by Junction 7 of the M40). Used to be a BM dealer until a few years ago when NOG took over. Usually has a good selection of used bikes including quite a few BMs.

That'll be Hughenden M40 at Milton Common (by Junction 7 of the M40). Used to be a BM dealer until a few years ago when they lost their franchise 'cos they were shite.................

Fixed it for ya :D

a40:thumb2 the parts past stockenchurch to the oxford service station has some great rolling bends :thumb2

.....................then follow it all the way to Fishguard and have a proper blast. :D

Fixed it for ya :D

I preferred to think of it as "an acquired taste"! :D

I know many had problems with them and they weren't exactly in the BM franchise image and Mike was a cantankerous old B..... but, if you got them onside, they could be very good. And Andy and Mark were excellent (They now run Premier Bikes down in Didcot).

Back
Top Bottom