North Wilts meet

VAL. H.

Thrower of cats at pigeons
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone interested in meeting up one evening in the week? Maybe reviving the monthly pub meet we did last summer?

How about starting with the Waterside Inn at Pewsey. Shep's lying there so I thought it might be a good excuse to give the old boy a visit.

Shall we say next Thursday 22nd about 18.30 to 20.00ish?

What do you think?

Val.

wilts eve pub meet

Can you give me more details of the location, nice ride out from Bournemouth.

Shep.

PS No relation just the same name.

Can you give me more details of the location, nice ride out from Bournemouth.

Shep.

PS No relation just the same name.

If you pass through Pewsey heading to Marlborough the Waterside Inn is on the right about a mile out of town just before the canal bridge.

Not sure of the food situation in the bar, the bistro/cafe downstairs shuts in the evenings and they supply the food for the bar when needed, but the beer is good and it has a canalside beer garden if the weathers good and a big car park.

Shep

any of you guys want to make it next week as I will be bimbling around wilts at some point during the week... A pub with a camp site nearby would be ace :augie

It'd be good to see some of the usual suspects again so I might indulge if I can get all my bits & pieces added to the bike before the Ireland trip on Saturday. I might wimp put if it rains though... :augie

Steve

Been talking to Shep, it seems there's a slight lack of food at the Waterside inn.

Therefore it's probably better if we meet at the French Horn across the road.

We'll be there 6.30 7ish. see you then.

Val.

Sounds great to me, especially as I live just down the road! Unless it's raining.

See you Thursday.
Jon.

Sods law states that as soon as an event is held on your doorstep, you move:D

Moved 'home' on Sunday, ended up 'locked in' on a pound till Saturday, where there is no safe bike parking, no car available that night so it looks as though i'm not gonna make it:nenau

If BW get there arses in gear and clear the stoppage, i will still make it:thumb2

Shep

Sounds great to me, especially as I live just down the road! Unless it's raining.

See you Thursday.
Jon.

Sorry, was trying to do too many things at the same time. Alison's right, I can't multitask...

I meant to say, "unless it's raining, I'll probably leave the bike at home and walk."

Cheers,
Jon.

wow - a north wilts meeting - we never used to have one of them. see what a year away from ukgser does for you. anyway - will try and get along to pewsey - s'not far from great bedwyn.

pint6x

This one...

So; which pub? Looking to toddle over, so it WILL be raining.Here you go Trevor..

This one...
Been talking to Shep, it seems there's a slight lack of food at the Waterside inn.

Therefore it's probably better if we meet at the French Horn across the road.

We'll be there 6.30 7ish. see you then.

Val.

See you all in a few hours. BTW, It's still dry and 20C here but has clouded over in the past few hours.

Well, I'm impressed, 10 bikes in the car park. Two being ridden by ladies too :eek:

I think we took the locals by surprise, not much space left for parking cars. One guy must have done two toures around each bike by the time we all made our merry ways home. Perhaps he was harking back to days gone by. :mmmm

It was as ever good to see familiar faces as well as new, along with the travelers from afar 'Clive and The Bede' Hope you all had an uneventful ride home.

Maybe see you again next month. Any suggestions where we might meet?

Val.

So when's the next one?:bounce1

What the feck has rain got to do with it anyway:confused: (GS Riders:thumb)

Back
Top Bottom