XChal start up

Adventure Stu

Reaction score
What is it?...

When you turn the key in the ignition to the "on position" I initially get a quick read out on the display. On the speedo it reads "18 wheel", I'm sure this refers to the wheel selection mode for the speedo drive. However, on the multifunction display it reads 2108 (IIRC). What is this referring to?

What is it?...

When you turn the key in the ignition to the "on position" I initially get a quick read out on the display. On the speedo it reads "18 wheel", I'm sure this refers to the wheel selection mode for the speedo drive. However, on the multifunction display it reads 2108 (IIRC). What is this referring to?

I haven't my bike to check it on at the mo, but I thought it'd be mileage ? ?

No, it's defo not mileage, it's only done 30 miles:augie (I picked it up yesterday) The reading looks something like

18 wheel
_________

As I said, only shows for about a second and easily missed. The dealer couldn't explain it. I told him what I thought the top line meant. Which having looked in the handbook is explained as tyre parameters.

PHASE 1
all the telltale and warning lights are switched on briefly, along with all the segments of the multifunction display

PHASE 2
the tyre parameters stored in the memory of the instrument cluster appear briefly on the display.

It's the phase 2 bit that I am unsure of. 18 refers to the size of the rear wheel, but "2108":nenau

Back
Top Bottom