XCountry shock in a XChallenge ? ?

Daithi

Reaction score
Just in case someone knows already...

G650xCountryShock.jpg

This into one of these:
62a97687.jpg

Anybody know if it will fit, will it work and lastly, will it work well. :nenau :thumb2

BTW. I've bought the bloody thing and I'm awaiting delivery. :augie

Thanks, Daithi.

As far as I know the frame of the two bikes is the same but the xcountry is lower innit? that means less travel at the back...of course I might be mistaken...good luck

As far as I know the frame of the two bikes is the same but the xcountry is lower innit? that means less travel at the back...of course I might be mistaken...good luck

Thanks for that, I found out loads since my first post and you're spot on above. The shorter travel won't be an issue though, since I'm seriously rubbish at off-road. :eek:
I got the XCountry shock (brand new) for 70 yoyos. :thumb

Thanks again for replyin' :thumb2

Are you dropping the front?

I like the X-C but would like to get it lower a bit.

Also I guess your soltuion gets rid if the problem for the short of leg that it rises when you attempt a dismount? :eek:

Are you dropping the front?

I like the X-C but would like to get it lower a bit.

Also I guess your soltuion gets rid if the problem for the short of leg that it rises when you attempt a dismount? :eek:
Yeah, I have the front lowered and always rode it with as little air as possible in the back. More so for the
geometry than height as I'm tall enough. Makes the bike very manageable, like a serow .. :D
FORK.jpg

Am very curious as to why you would want to change from the airshock?? IMHO, the airshock works very nicely ... good travel and fairly comfortable.

Dale
My brothers XC shock broke which worries me a bit, there's a hole drilled through the shock where it cracked. The other thing is the air shock comes up as the forks dive when brakeing, more so than any other bike I've had, I'd prefer the conventional shock. Also the GSpot problem has already marked the bladder, I know I could prevent it from getting worse but this solution solves a lot of problems.

Looks like I'll have my bike back and the shock from the XCountry on Tuesday.

Delighted !

Any news?

Yip, took a while to come and even then I had to wait till we did a bit of swapping around with
the shocks on the three XC's.

XCountryShock.jpg

It's in and it works. I did a bit of playing around with the preload and damping and I think I have it
fairly close. The seat height is lower (side stand nearly topples the bike over) but the saddle doesn't
drop much as soon as you sit on it as it does with the air shock. I suppose the airshock is very soft
for the first inch or two of travel, specially since I had about 80psi in it ever since I got the bike.
Anyway, I'm well pleased with it and can't wait to have a decent go on it, I'll let ya know how that goes.

I assume it would be easy enough to have something milled as a mount that would keep the original seat height should anyone else fancy doing this.

edit: Looking at the bottom of the shock it looks like there is some adjustment available there anyway :nenau

Attachments

• G650xCountryShock.jpg
    G650xCountryShock.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 221

Back
Top Bottom