MRA windshields...any good??

parky1774

Just got back from the BSB at Donington and whilst there I saw a K1200S with an MRA Vario touring windshield. It looks ok and according to the chappy its the muts nuts.

The idea is that the top fin is adjusted to prevent/reduce turbulance and noise.

Anyone tried one of these? :handbag

just got one from jaws motorcycles it is a definate improvement on distance work:thumb2

Just got off the 1100 after a quick test run of my new MRA screen......much better than stock, in fact the best yet (tried Givi + TT extender screen). Doesnt look like a barn door and allowed a comfortable cruise well in excess of national limit.

Looks as if there is a bit of light relection on the bottom of the screen but I will wait untill October to see if its a problem......long days up here at present.

MRA

1150 I just bought has one on ,seems much better than standard on my previos one. Looks pretty good too ,well made. Does fit tighter to the top of the clock consel, no room to stash my gloves when i filled with fuel.

I had one on the 1200GS.

Good....
Solved the buffetting problem I had. Makes the bike very comfortable at any speed.
Lets you ride up to 50mph with visor open quite comfortably
Quieter than standard screen.
Narrower than standard so if the bike does have a little lie down in the sand, there's less chance of damage.
There is still enough air around your head, unlike some of the larger one peice screens that just block all the air.

Bad ....
Not as wide as the stock 1200 screen, so you get more draught & rain on your arms & shoulders.

Indifferent ...
I prefer a clear screen. The only MRA one I could find was tinted.

Overall, a very good option for the 1200 and I would certainly get one again.

Regards,
Dale

Back
Top Bottom