Newcastle - Bergen Ferry ending on Sept 1

happy grandad

:(

The following is a report from the BBC

"Oil price hike claims ferry jobs!

The last ferry to Scandinavia will leave Newcastle on 1 September
Almost 350 jobs are being lost with the axing of a passenger ferry service between Tyneside and Scandinavia. DFDS Seaways blamed the decision on poor passenger numbers, rising oil prices and the economic downturn.
The move will see the loss of 270 crew jobs from the Queen of Scandinavia ferry and a further 70 land-based jobs in Denmark, Norway and the UK.
The last sailing will take place on 1 September. The company's service from Newcastle to Holland will continue."

Delighted that I am sailing this June but very sad for the future.

I nearly spat the dummy:thedummy there are about 10 tossers who have booked tae go from Newcastle tae Holland in Sept thank feck that one is still on:beer:

This feckin fuel thing is getting oot o hand ffs

For me tae go tae the bottom of the Isalnd to do a Glass repair it cost's me £25 in fuel takes 2 and a half hours to and from including doing the job and the insurance companies pay me £41 + vat Time I took a leaf out of DFDS's book

I'm going next week, looks like I'm making a long awaited bike trip just in time. Tonights news also reporting that the Rosyth Zebrugge ferry will stop in September as well. Diesel was just under 1.37 a litre at Kinlochewe at the weekend. :eek: Its quite a thought to fill your tank now.

M

Back
Top Bottom