OS maps/Sat Nav

AxeGrinder

Reaction score
Hi.

Nobody responded to my query about Memory Map, so I'll try and put it another way...

Does anybody know which if any motorcycle capable GPS system displays OS type map data? This would be most useful for locating/following green lanes, wilderness areas etc... which are not covered in any detail by roadmap type systems...please correct me if I am wrong!

Any info would be great...

Cheers

Ian

Have a look at the Road Angel Adventurer 7000,downloads os maps straight from Memory Map but needs a bit modification to make a decent mounting,i have modified mine to use a Ram Mount.I have used mine for trail riding and navigation events and found it excellent.

Have a look at the Road Angel Adventurer 7000,downloads os maps straight from Memory Map but needs a bit modification to make a decent mounting,i have modified mine to use a Ram Mount.I have used mine for trail riding and navigation events and found it excellent.

Folkbiker, Many thanks for the info...looks like just the ticket, and not extortionately priced...:thumb

Alternatively get a a GPS enabled PDA which you can use to run both TomTom and Memory Map. Stick the PDA in a waterproof otter box and you are sorted. I tried the Road Angel and found the rubber flaps too flimsy, ultimately not terribly waterproof.

Back
Top Bottom