Windy screens

pfoz88

Been reading thru all the previous stuff on this topic as i desperately need a solution to the hammering im getting every time i go above 60mph. Im 6,2 tall and riding a dakar, and need to address this problem if im ever gonna rack up any miles on the bike. Most promising seemed to be the Ergo screens, but these posts were a while ago and people who had them on order dont seem to have posted their veiws, (hopefully coz their too busy riding comfortably at great speeds to post). Just wondering if theres any updates on the screen situation. Had anyone had any good results on this front lately.

thnx bud, dont suppose u have a link or a pic do u, have been looking for these with no joy.

Same problem here. The System 5 made a massive difference but the buffeting still has much room for improvement. I'm on the lookout for a taller and wider screen.

04 Dakar.

John, which screen have u ordered, are u doing a "blind tasting" or do u know someone who has had results with this.
Snoopy, do you have a link to the System 5, never heard of this one, but i take it your not recommending it.

http://www.bmwbikebits.co.uk/produc...o_Screen_46cm_F650GSDakar2004_w_Handguard.htm

have been looking at these also, pricey compared to others but have some favourable reviews, not sure on the looks tho.

The BMW System 5 helmet is £208 at Coopers down the road from you, with 30% off but only while they have them in stock. It's a very quiet helmet. :thumb2

John- i'll be very interested to see how u get on with that screen, i notice that the one you've ordered doesnt specify if its for the dakar or not, then again i dont know what the differences are between the dak and normal gs in terms of screen height, angle etc.
Snoopy- ahh i see, system 5 helmet, just forked out 260 bar on a shoei hornet, which i have tried with and with out the peak and to be honest it doesnt make a whole load of difference, so another lid is a non starter just now.
Went for a run last night after placing a couple of m6 nuts behind the screen under the top two bolts to raise the angle by bout 10 - 15 degrees i guess. I also "extented" the screen length with a ridiculous contraption fashioned from duck tape and a cple of bits of kitchen bench trim. This gave about 2.5 inches extra in screen length. Looked silly but proved a point as i was able to get up to approx 80 if i tucked my head in a bit which would have been unthinkable normally. Also a sustained run up the A19 at 70 was almost bearable. Shoud've took a photo and given u a laugh, but it convinced me that longer and more upright is the way to go.

390mm Wunderlich Egro Screen

Hi guys,

I just fitted one of these last week to my 2005 Dakar because initially when i bought the bike if i did more than 60mph it felt my head might snap off.

The results are good, i can now do 80mph+ and my upper body and head are completely protected (i am 5ft 10")

The only thing i noticed was that the peak on my helmet is now in the firing line and rattles a bit!!! - i thought this was quite funny - but whatever you decide to go for make sure you wear some ear plugs!

Safe Riding

i'm 6'5" and i fitted the higher (43cm i think) ergo screen. the difference is incredible. i've gone from nerarly having my head buffeted off above 70mph to feeling virtually no turbulance right up to top speed.

thoroughly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom