Anyone help me find a Serow

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
mrs msgs1200 wants a trail bike and Serow seems to fit the bill. Is there anywhere I can look to get a handle on the model numbers, difference between 225/250 etc - and most important, where can you get them? Are they available new?

thanks,

m

Hi , this months Trail magazine has two for sale , a 1993 for £725 ono ( 13k miles ) tel 01453 546604 & a 2003 for £2495 ono ( 4800 miles ) tel 01959 561246 . Also a sale ad for an engine.
TBM magazine often have them for sale .
Try ebay.

Regards

Harry

thanks - is that the May issue? Can't find the 2003 one.

There is some other stuff though - TTR250's, a CRF230 and a GasGas Pampera 250 mkIII - are they suitable for someone short of stature?

Yes it is from the May issue . The 2003 Serow is the last ad .

The other bikes are all good bikes especially the CRM , but unfortunately none are really suitable for those who are short of stature .

Harry

Give Bill Smith motors in Chester a call they were selling new serrows last summer, a grey or parallel import. I can't remember how much they were. Bill Smiths are/were a Yamaha and Triumph dealer.
I ran a Bill Smith supplied Serrow a few years back, but I bought it second hand privately, no problems with the bike at all. I even rode it from St Helens to Edinburgh one winter, great in the snow, and averaged about 90mpg for the whole trip (non motorway)

mrs msgs1200 wants a trail bike and Serow seems to fit the bill. Is there anywhere I can look to get a handle on the model numbers, difference between 225/250 etc - and most important, where can you get them? Are they available new?

thanks,

m

More Serow info here

The seat height on a TTR250 is about the same as a 1100/1150 GS.

I had a TTR and changed it for a Serow which is much more manageable when the going gets tough.

Have a read of this just in case Mrs Berin thinks big is better ;)

More Serow info here

The seat height on a TTR250 is about the same as a 1100/1150 GS.

I had a TTR and changed it for a Serow which is much more manageable when the going gets tough.

Have a read of this just in case Mrs Berin thinks big is better ;)

thanks - that article's an eye opener. Just need to find one now. Can they be bought new? Or if not what's the last date they were made. Is the 250 Serow similar?

thanks - that article's an eye opener. Just need to find one now. Can they be bought new? Or if not what's the last date they were made. Is the 250 Serow similar?

As Harry said above, there is normally one or two for sale each month in Trial Bike Magazine (TBM). £1,000 - £1,500 should get you a nice 10 - 15 year old one..... you'll have more fun on a second hand one, if you buy new you'll be frightened of scratching it :thumb

On the other hand ...

... you can get a Kouba link for a TTR which makes it manageable for persons of reduced elevation, just ask Jaq :bounce1

Finding a XT225 Serow

I used to get my parts and also a manual from Riders of Yeovil. I`m sure if you a Google search it will come up with something.

The newer XT250 Serow was available a couple of years ago and i`ve seen an ad for second-hand ones also earlier this year.

Hope this helps, Dakarnoway.

I`ve found one on Flee-bay

Take a look at this one, it looks Ok to me and a very honest description too.

You can find it by item number 180249605479

Over 4 days to run.

Back
Top Bottom