Ahhh, i've blown up my satnav!

talljohn

Call me a f*ck wit, but I have managed to burn up my MIO P550 PDA sat nav by trying to make a new power supply from the bike. One phut and a smell of smoke later tells me I got it wrong!

So, are there any kindly electronics guru's out there who suspect I may be able to get a burned patch of circuit board fixed, or am i in the market for a new satnav, and in which case - any offers of something I can use on the bike? I have a nice TomTom sd card with Western Europe now all alone!

shit, sorry to hear that John.

Have you called the manufacturer to ask what a repair might cost?
At a guess I'd say "prohibitive" but you never know.
I called Garmin about getting a wee connector soldered back onto mine and they charged a standard rate (bout 130 I think ?) coz they seem to just give you a replacement exchange unit.

good luck

If you are in the market for a new sat nav I have a Quest 1 that I am about to put in th FS&W section? All complete in the original box except the power cable for a motorcycle (it was butchered by the original owner). Latest Europe Disc unlocked for the unit.

£125 posted?

Nice link Roddy, may give thema bell. Failing that I may start looking down the Zumo road!

?

i assume you did not leave the converter inline then? i see it all the time with my customers blowing things up!

take your chances and send it back saying it self combusted with no input from yourself!

Mate at work has done two Tom Toms by trying to cahrge them with an MP3 charger. Both fried and cost of repir likely to exceed replacement (specially as we've replaced the last one with an A to Z!)

I've used Ipaqrepair in the past, highly recommended!

Bob

Mate at work has done two Tom Toms by trying to cahrge them with an MP3 charger. Both fried and cost of repir likely to exceed replacement (specially as we've replaced the last one with an A to Z!)

i would still send it back to them anyway! just tell them it did it by its self!

Back
Top Bottom