spots

Ginger DJ

Reaction score
I want to wire my spots to come on with my main beam, which wire do i need to splice into?

Ye got all that they are wired on an indipendant switch at the moment. I just want to do it via main beam now

i have the spots wired through a 30 amp relay whitch is spliced onto the main beam terminal at the rear of the bulb connector,the relay is connected to a centech fuzed panel with a minimum 10 amp cable it is the only way to prevent overloading unless you wire them directly through a switch,get a relay kit from halfords all the cable and connectors and destructions £10 or £11.00 simple:rolleyes:

I doubt the alternator will keep up with the lights on all the time, mine certainly wont. I have a battery monitor on my bike and the spot lights just take too much power to use them continuously, so I switch them on when I need to be seen and off to let the battery recover and have had no more problems. I dont use them at night as the headlight is very good and if I follow Grahams Varadero, its like being in daylight. sue

I want to wire my spots to come on with my main beam, which wire do i need to splice into?

I concur with the Monkey. IIRC the hi beam is white and low is green. I spliced in to the wires at the connector block under the starter relay.

I fitted two sets of light to Jills 650gs 'low beams 35w hi beams 55w' she runs the low beam all the time and the highs when she needs extra at night 'basically whenever it's dark' :rolleyes:

so far there have been no issues with the alternator/battery not being able to cope.

Val.

I doubt the alternator will keep up with the lights on all the time, mine certainly wont. I have a battery monitor on my bike and the spot lights just take too much power to use them continuously, so I switch them on when I need to be seen and off to let the battery recover and have had no more problems. I dont use them at night as the headlight is very good and if I follow Grahams Varadero, its like being in daylight. sue

What else are you running?
I have a battery monitor on mine and I don't have trouble with auxillary lights. I used to when I ran heated grips, heated vest and Halogen lights at low speeds.
Changing to LED and HID wherever possible will free up a few Watts.

I have heated grips and a heated waistcoat but without them on as soon as I use the spots the monitor goes to red unless I am travelling at 75+. I use the same monitor as you, but the bike only puts out 29amps @7000rpm, almost flat out and the spots take about 9amps so you soon use it up, however I use the extras with care and have no more problems since last year. If I need to use every thing then I mind and switch the spots off a few miles from home to let the battery recover. sue

Back
Top Bottom