Aria or BMW Helmet??

hubarb spong

Ok I like Arias and have had a few quantum f's and been well pleased with them but its time for a new one. Since I am getting a GS everyone seems to go for lids with peaks like the BMW Rally? at £250 or the Aria tour x3 at £299.

WHich is the better one to go for? I have tried the BMW one on and its a snug fit but so is the Aria from memory and I do think the Aria looks a bit better as the peak seems to be a bit bigger so will act as a sun visor more??? Ideally I would like a lide with built in sun visor like my S2 but only looking at £300 top money this time:(

Just bought a BMW Enduro and it has 3 big advantages over the TourX IMHO:

Weight: It`s a lot lighter
Vision: Much more peripheral vision.
Price: Got a great deal at NOG for a plain black one

However, I wouldn`t buy a peaked helmet unless I was going off road because the turbulence will give you a neck like Mike Tyson. I use a Shoei Multitech for road work which is superb :thumb

Never heard of an Aria :confused:

:eek: Give me a chance I am a newbie :thedummy

Just bought a BMW Enduro and it has 3 big advantages over the TourX IMHO:

Weight: It`s a lot lighter
Vision: Much more peripheral vision.
Price: Got a great deal at NOG for a plain black one

However, I wouldn`t buy a peaked helmet unless I was going off road because the turbulence will give you a neck like Mike Tyson. I use a Shoei Multitech for road work which is superb
Yesterday 13:59

I had wondered about the peak?:blast I think I may head for a Scuberth instead then as they are nice and quiet and I love the inbuilt sun visor thingy:thumb

Fingers crossed as we live in a small market town so there may be some left?

I think the peak is handy for keeping the sun out of your eyes just a slight dip of the head when it catches you full on:thumb

don't notice any head pull either really at legal speeds. I love the vision the BMW enduro gives. However, my advice on any Lid is get the one that feels right. Its the only thing that really counts

Don't discount the Shoei Hornet. Plenty of posts to be found on the Forum :)

Regards Bob

Got both, prefer the BMW, lighter, Good fit, good vision and the anti fog coating really works whereas the Arai is p*** poor.
Price is also attractive.
As for the peak, done thousands of miles in all weathers, not a problem with turbulence.
But at the end of the day it's a personal thing. It's your head.

My head hurts now:(

Going to try a Schuberth S2 today as I love my concept lid:)

Well Infinity were selling S1's off at a silly £179 so for that money I got one of them. Nice quiet lid and I find the inbuilt sun visor thingy a god send:clap

Back
Top Bottom