Is this the first breakdown

Uinneag

Tash's 800 won't switch off you can stop the engine and take the key out but the headlight stays on and you can start the bike without the key:confused:
I could disconnect the battery but then again can't be arsed can't ride it down as someone could just half inch it when parked up for fuel or food as ye don't need the key

Could this be the 800's own personal EWS disease has it been parked too close to my 1200

Ah well, BMW assist will be getting a wee call tomorrow

How did you fix it yesterday, I couldn't see what you did from the hot tub.

Fecked aboot with the key started and switched it off thought that it was just a glitch but to no avail today

How is a bike that won't stop running a breakdown? Surely it's the very opposite?
I had a Lambretta with an air leak on the carb top that was extremely difficult to stop running, the kill switch just made it backfire and I had to stall it in third to stop it. Rode it like that for weeks before I got around to sorting it.
And don't ask about the gearbox issue. :blast

How is a bike that won't stop running a breakdown? Surely it's the very opposite?
I had a Lambretta with an air leak on the carb top that was extremely difficult to stop running, the kill switch just made it backfire and I had to stall it in third to stop it. Rode it like that for weeks before I got around to sorting it.
And don't ask about the gearbox issue. :blast

The lights don't go out either tends to either run out of fuel or flatten the battery that does smartypants:D

Tash's 800 won't switch off you can stop the engine and take the key out but the headlight stays on and you can start the bike without the key:confused:
I could disconnect the battery but then again can't be arsed can't ride it down as someone could just half inch it when parked up for fuel or food as ye don't need the key

Could this be the 800's own personal EWS disease has it been parked too close to my 1200

Ah well, BMW assist will be getting a wee call tomorrow

I'm shaw this happened to some one with a 1200, think it was the bottom
of the ignition switch had broken off so did not switch off the Eeeerrrr!
switch, the key and barrel just turned and key could be pulled out in any postion. Or some thing like that.....:augie

managed to switch it off last night but today it's dead as a dodo so I wonder if it switched itself back on:nenau
Oh well suppose it'll be a phone call in the morning

"BMW Assist how can I help you"

Seems it's off on it's travels ;)

Attachments

• ScreenShot048.jpg
    ScreenShot048.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 575
Needs a new ignition

None in the UK and none on Germany was what I was told today so couldn't find out when Tash could get her bike back.She's no a happy bunny:wife

Last BMW bike loaner I saw was one of these:eek:

images

Back
Top Bottom