Rear Rack

Chris G

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am after a rear rack for the 800, sort of thing that touratech do, Just wondering if anyone has actually got one yet - if so what make, where from, will give nippy's a call tomorrow, but anyone else I could try ?

I went for the cheaper of the 2 touratech ones, ordered it through Nippy Norms, 2 week delay was expected, should arrive next week :aidan

As I'm still waiting to decide which hard luggage to go for so for the time being I'm just going to be bungie-ing a tail pack/rucksack to it.

Will post some pics when I have it fitted, picking up the bike today, been awake since 5am :bounce1 sad, i know!

SW-Motech Alu-rack

Chris, I was looking for the same TT solution, but then i finally ordered the SW-Motech Alu Rack.

http://www.mo-tech.de/produkt/?produkt_id=550&marken_id=64

The alu rack is very similar to the TT one, so good to bungie a rucksack or an ortlieb roll, but you can also "quick lock" a plate for a top box, i chose the givi adapter for me. so i can use my givi box during the week in town, and easily remove the plate for more serious stuff. Unfortunately it is still on order, like the bike, everything should arrive early July, will post a pic asap.

ciao!
gianluca
------------------------------
www.gianlucamarucci.com

I needed a rack for touring with a large bag and also wanted a monokey rack for my Givi box when commuting.

The cheaper TT alloy rack combined with a universal Givi plate gives an option of either with 5mins of spanner work.#

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 473
I have the BMW Rack:

2612276373_4137d18e8f.jpg

I bought it because:
  • It's shaped like the rear end of the bike
  • It's smaller than the TT/Motech offerings
  • It's cheaper than the TT/Motech offerings

Still thinking about getting it power coated though.

I needed a rack for touring with a large bag and also wanted a monokey rack for my Givi box when commuting.

The cheaper TT alloy rack combined with a universal Givi plate gives an option of either with 5mins of spanner work.#

that's the sort I am after, one problem- they are on back order and tt have no idea when they will land !:(

Not sad to be excited!

Shouldn't we all have something to be excited about every day of our lives?
A patient said to me a few week's ago, "I wish I had your passion" (mine's bikes but it doesn't really matter). Look at what happens to people who don't have any. :-(
Rin

General question to anyone that has fitted a rack...

Take look at the torx on my rack below:

Now, I assume these bolts must marry with some nuts on the underside. Thing is, if you look inside under the seat, there is a big alarm unit or something in the way:

2336183440_1d39e93342.jpg

So...if I undo those torx bolts to take the rack off, will the nuts fall into the void, or are they attached to the underside of the mounting points?

General question to anyone that has fitted a rack...

Take look at the torx on my rack below:

Now, I assume these bolts must marry with some nuts on the underside. Thing is, if you look inside under the seat, there is a big alarm unit or something in the way:

2336183440_1d39e93342.jpg

So...if I undo those torx bolts to take the rack off, will the nuts fall into the void, or are they attached to the underside of the mounting points?

prolly going to be attached as you said, you could always try asking that bloke kneeling to the rear of yer bike- he may know :D:D:D:D

The nuts are "stuck" in the rear frame.
I say stuck, as my heavy-handedness has unstuck one of them which now spins. At some point I'm going to have to ask BMW to "restick" it.

Careful if you remove them not to over-tighten them like I did. :eek:

If getting these racks is a problem, I could get some made up in S/S if any interest, and much less cost :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom