Mapping updates for Quest?

vireo

Reaction score
I was looking at a Quest (boxed, new, in a dealers) recently, but its still on Version 7 mapping. Having naughtily noted the serial number, I went to the Garmin support page https://my.garmin.com/maps/updates.htm and when I entered the said serial number I got a message saying "No available updates found."....surely this is incorrect? I'm fairly sure the s/n was correct (7 digits)........so whats the story? Do I need to register a unit before before I can check for mapping updates? Or can this unit not accept updates beyond V7.....:confused:

VIREO

I was looking at a Quest (boxed, new, in a dealers) recently, but its still on Version 7 mapping. Having naughtily noted the serial number, I went to the Garmin support page https://my.garmin.com/maps/updates.htm and when I entered the said serial number I got a message saying "No available updates found."....surely this is incorrect? I'm fairly sure the s/n was correct (7 digits)........so whats the story? Do I need to register a unit before before I can check for mapping updates? Or can this unit not accept updates beyond V7.....:confused:

VIREO

What was the asking price for the new quest?

In Ireland I presume?

What was the asking price for the new quest?

In Ireland I presume?

Wait for it...
€699.99 - I kid you not!
I hesitate to say that I wasn't actually considering paying that - or anything like it

V

Did you see the mapping I had on my quest that was for sale ;)

John

Sure did............thanks. I'm still confused as to whether I can upgrade from V7 straight to V10, however.....? Without V9, preferably V10/CN2008, there's no point in having one , IMHO....

V

I just unlocked city navigator 2008, i havea quest and a zumo now, as soon as ive finished putting the maps on the zumo sd casrd i will try the quest... Might sell it, not sure yet..

I just unlocked city navigator 2008, i havea quest and a zumo now, as soon as ive finished putting the maps on the zumo sd casrd i will try the quest... Might sell it, not sure yet..

Hi Santrix,
When you load the CN2008 on the Quest you might drop me a PM, also, can you confirm the format of the units serial number (ie how many digits are in them)......I may have tried an invalid S/N.

V

There are thousands of folks who have upgraded their 2610's, Quest's and SPIII's to CN2008 (not NT). You are currently trying to solve a problem that does not exist (trying to update an unregistered product that you do not yet own).

If it's a good price and you can't afford anything else, then give it a go. you can alwys sell if it doesn't perform.

Hi Santrix,
When you load the CN2008 on the Quest you might drop me a PM, also, can you confirm the format of the units serial number (ie how many digits are in them)......I may have tried an invalid S/N.

V
I think, ten digits...

The difference between V9 and 2008 for Ireland are not worth the paying for.

I bought a Quest here with Qpac, charger V9 etc for 85£ but by the time I paid the bank transfer fee it was an extra 15 Euros. If you want it let me know. Same price. so thats 95£ times current exchange rate. I am in West Cork.

I got it from Garfield but have unlocked V2008 for my 60C and I like that GPS just as much. Can't stand the voice prompts.

Back
Top Bottom