Dont be afraid of the steering head bearings change

santrix

Reaction score
it s really supprisingly straightforward... do it yourself and dont pay through the nose for labour costs.. 2 hours.. and that includes the swearing...

P1010675.jpg

P1010677.jpg

Micky had done the ones on my 650 twice. I've just noticed a leaking left fork seal. So much for the Touratech guards doing the job they were designed for. :rolleyes:

Interestingly enough, the TT rad guards rub on the brake line wearing it away, such good forthought on TTs part, cover them with tape or zip tied split old brake hose....like i did, b#####stards....

All you need now is a Grease Nipple, to facilitate regular Grease insertions :eek:

100_0909.jpg

What the hell did you have to use the angle grinder on?

I don't have a hydraulic lift, but I do have an engine crane in my garage... mind you it might swing around a bit?

My brother is my mechanic (I just provide some of the bigger tools) and he has yet to ask to borrow the crane... he's still got a pair of track stands he wanted for a couple of weeks, just before Christmas :rolleyes:

Lol we cut up the old bearing to use the outer race as a contact point to knock the new one down the tube...

it s really supprisingly straightforward... do it yourself and dont pay through the nose for labour costs.. 2 hours.. and that includes the swearing...

I've just had mine done at the dealers and it took them 2 hours as well, at least that's what they charged me for.
I don't know if they included swearing time.

Back
Top Bottom