Horn doesn't work - HELP

Biker-Kitty

Reaction score
my horn does not work on my bike since coming back from bahnstomers.

checked the fuse and thats fine,

but cannot get it working, not sure whats wrong or where the horn is located.

please help, what could be wrong and where is the horn situated on an 07 650gs?

thanks in advance

I would imagine it's in the same place as the earlier models i.e. under the beak.
It's easy enough to get at, just undo the four bolts underneath and drop the beak and there you are. I very rarely use mine and it sticks after a while, but just give it a couple of little taps whilst pressing the button and it should start working again.
Otherwise get a multimeter to the connections, there may be a break in the wire or the switch might be knacked.

yep, under the beak, if you look under there its where the vents are on the underneath of the beak. remove the 4 torx bolts behind that and the whole beak / mudguard will come off alowing access to the horn :thumb2

I'm not that far away from you at the moment, got some more work in andover mon / tue. Staying near stonehenge, fairly large garden ornament that is :D I could pop round and help you tomorrow night if needed, drop me a pm if you want :thumb

My horn stopped working too. I bought a replacement from Halfords.

If it is a GS,then its under the beak.I have had trouble with the horn on my bike - solved by disconnecting the electric plug on the horn and giving everything a liberal dose of WD40.The connection to the horn on my 2004 GS is basically two thin pins just waiting for a bad connection!

Is now fixed due to rc - mad who came to me this evening, took off beak after a very troublesome bolt, in the end was drilled, then checked voltage whilst trying the horn that was fine then rc mad used a hammer gently and tapped horn itself and then hey presto...it worked.

A BIG THANK YOU RC-MAD! :thumb

Got there in the end, felt like a right muppet when that last bolt wouldn't budge :blast

Then there was the blunt drill bits :blast

Still at least you'll be able to remove the beak easily now, new bolts and a lot less locktite :D

Is now fixed due to rc - mad who came to me this evening, took off beak after a very troublesome bolt, in the end was drilled, then checked voltage whilst trying the horn that was fine then rc mad used a hammer gently and tapped horn itself and then hey presto...it worked.

A BIG THANK YOU RC-MAD! :thumb

Err!? 07 bike? isn't it still under warentee?

We had a similar problem with Jill's 650. Ended up replacing the wiring and the horn (BMW connectors are exclusive aren't they :rolleyes:)

Val.

Back
Top Bottom