how do i fit a new exhaust?

jonnywave

Reaction score
Hi guys i have a replacement exhaust for my dakar do i need to put any compound ( what? )on the insert when fitting? cheers for you help

No.

Unless you've bought the wrong exhaust.:augie

its the same exhaust that i have on :its the original bmw one i got it given .... so it just slips on and tighten up? sweet!

oh no!!!!!!! its not the same exhaust the new one is off a 04 bike and mine is a 53 so its got a smaller diameter pipe than the new one, i fond out right at the end as well after stipping and reffiting thenew one now i either have to sleeve it or take it all off and fit another exhaust. was considereing a remus or scorpion. dont know what to do???

will i have to buy a sleeve and where from??? maybe i could cut the old exhaust?

Probably get a local metal bashers to fabricate one for you.

Easier I'd guess to sell the wrong one on ebay and buy the right sized one. Unless you are imobile with the current set up :(

Tickover/fueling question

Sorry ignor this.

Last edited:
I did it ... i cut i piece off the old exhaust and it fitted in as a shim in between the new 05 oem exhaust works a treat.. it sound a lot smoother and seem to run a little etter in low range the last exhaust got blocked/leaded up from a trip to africa and having to use leaded petrol...

good to know for the future its easy to doctor a 05+ exhaust to an older bike with a piece off the old one cooooolll

Back
Top Bottom