santander

jeffers

Reaction score
its getting close:bounce1

any of you fellow tossers sailing brittainy ferries on the 20th to santander?

we're heading out on a tour of europe, me and SWMBO, on our gs12, my mate and his wife on their gs12, and our friends form the Isle of man on an sv650 and a TL1000:bow

got a few days in the picos, over through to andorra, accross the south of france, up into switzerland, taking in a tiny little piece of italy(the bit before the mont blanc tunnel. did that bit last year, stopped for a brew only to be told the place was closed! people everywhere coming and going:mad: was very definately open:spitfire)

anyway, we head up to a place called leysin for a few days then back into france before heading back for the slog up to calais and then home.

the last couple of weeks have really dragged, it can only get worse for the next 2 weeks.

will post a report on our return.

Hi

We are staying in the Parador Fuerte De in the Picos. It has wifi in the room hence this!!!

The room is 90 euros per night for a twin.

Roads around here are perfick - well worth a couple of nights and a play around the area.

Well recommended.

Back on Santander ferry tomorrow after riding 2100 miles down from Caen to Salamanca then up to Picos. Great week's ride.

cheers

We're heading out on this ferry on the 23rd arriving 24th, then we're going to the pico for a couple of days then across northern spain to Biaritz, then across the pyrenees for the HU Mountain madness event.... Im guiessing you might be arround that area at that time, if you think it might be possible to meet up pm me.. ill send you my international mobile number....

If not, have a great trip.... actually we need somewhere near the tpicos to stay the day we get of the ferry... any advice would be heartily recieved via pm...

cheers...

picos

bladerunner

glad to hearyour having a good time, whats the weather like at the mo?

Santrix

bit of a technophobe, not sure about all this PM ing malarky, anyway if you want to PM me we can swap numbers and possibly meet up for some :beer:,

we are staying here http://www.hoteltorrecerredo.com/ not stayed here before but cheap and cheerful with good reviews, the only downside is it could be full of fit and healthy mountain bike types:eek:

where is the HU meet?

Have a great Holiday but be patient when you get of the Ferry in Santander it could take you up to an hour to clear the dock's area,due to the Spanish officials fart'n about.

Schultz

docks

schultz

thanks for that pearl of wisdom:thumb2, normally something like that would drive me round the twist, but hey, we're on holiday...

Jeffers,

Same hotel booked for this Sept, let us have a full report?? hotel, area etc

Cheers
TD
:beerjug:

Hi

Weather not too bad in Picos, low cloud - no rain. Temps vary depending on sunshine - from 15-20'c in cloud up to 25'c in sun. Once you go south of the Picos it hots up to 30-35'c. No wind, although forecast for tomorrows ferry looks breezy.

No complaints, Spaniards very bike aware and friendly.

Have a good trip.

1st on the boat at Plymouth = last off Santander

times

any of you guys know check in times? no mention of it so far, tickes paid for in full but nothing from brittany ferries yet.

Ade

will let you know, it looks a great spot, my kind of hotel, cheap:augie even got a discount for booking early:thumb2

santrix

will PM! you with more details but basic plan is 3 nights in picos, then we head across to Pamplona and onto andorra, possibly call and see some people we met in st feliu d'amont, before heading up to Beziers for a few days, we are off to carcasonne, meant to go last year but other things got in the way. From there we head across the south of France and up to switzerland,

hope its a bit more successful than the lads trip to france in May, left our digs in dun sur meuse, as you do leaving it a bit late for catching your ferry, went to fuel up before leaving and got a feckin puncture. emergency roadside repairs followed by a hairy blast back up to calais at 95mph with a self plugged tyre, the repair impressed me, never had to have a tyre plugged before. Anyway it all adds to the excitement of touring abroad i suppose.

I'll be staying in Vittoria Gasteiz on the night ofthe 19th on my way down to Portugal.

I'll keep an eye out for you !!

See you on the twisties Al

:bounce1:bounce1:thumb

Back
Top Bottom