Waaaay Cooooool (in my opinion)

Hi...... will a boxer-performance carbon air intake fit, ? under new side covers

dia 75mm to 80mm or 3" to 3.25" at the front end..... :confused: ............. :homer

jeff garnett said:
Hi...... will a boxer-performance carbon air intake fit, ? under new side covers

dia 75mm to 80mm or 3" to 3.25" at the front end..... :confused: ............. :homer

Not sure about that. Depends on the diameter at the foremost point of the side cover.

You can see from the picture that it fits flush to the intake, and is held by a large self-tapper directly into the intake, but stops a couple of inches short of the opening.

Best bet is to mail Boxer Designs and ask. They are very helpful, and reply very quickly.

Attachments

• couriers.jpg
    couriers.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 550
Hi

3 basic questions please.

1) Where did you get them from?

2) How much did they cost?

3) How do they attach? Is drilling involved?

Mike R

MIKE R said:
1) Where did you get them from?
2) How much did they cost?
3) How do they attach? Is drilling involved?

Mike,
I got mine from Fallert in Germany - www.fallert.com
They took about 2 months to come, and cost me £220
You can now get them via Boxer Designs at www.boxer-design.de and I think they're a lot cheaper than I paid.

Fixing is easy enough. The rear mountings have thread-headed bolts (technical term anyone?) which replace the fuse box mounting bolts. The front right has a threaded bracket which mounts to the forward plastic-cover mounting hole (the side cover replaces the black plastic cover). The new covers are then held on using small domed hex bolts which screw into the fuse-box mountings and the front cover bracket. The left front is held by a large self-tapper straight into the air intake funnel. The only problem I had was that I had to grind a bit out of the front of the right panel to clear the Wunderlich engine guard.

Steve

Thanks for your info Steve. Very tempted (pity I've just got a pair of Toutatech!)

Mike R

Back
Top Bottom