The RA are appealing against the NERC act! Petition here...

Losttheplot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It would appear that the ramblers are also loosing out through NERC? and have put a petition together to get some parts of the act changed.

Petition and more info here: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/repeal2026/

Cross posted from Rides.org

Apologies if this has already been posted....

Bollocks to them. They demand a moratorium from the TRF and other interested parties that meant those organisations did not claim or add any further lanes/routes whilst they, the RA and GLEAM, got their act together. We then get shafted by the inaction of the governing bodies whilst they,the RA and GLEAM again, stand in the shadows gleefully rubbing their hands. Now that the RA are about to get stuffed by the Nazi's within GLEAM they want our help!!

Don't think so.

If they close all the countryside to townies, bikers, 4x4's, mountain bikes, paragliders, microlights and any other legitimate users it may spur a reaction...I won't be holding my breath..:(

Bollocks to them. They demand a moratorium from the TRF and other interested parties that meant those organisations did not claim or add any further lanes/routes whilst they, the RA and GLEAM, got their act together. We then get shafted by the inaction of the governing bodies whilst they,the RA and GLEAM again, stand in the shadows gleefully rubbing their hands. Now that the RA are about to get stuffed by the Nazi's within GLEAM they want our help!!

Don't think so.

If they close all the countryside to townies, bikers, 4x4's, mountain bikes, paragliders, microlights and any other legitimate users it may spur a reaction...I won't be holding my breath..:(

Never thought about it in that way.
I dunno Si, Ya had to come up with a valid view point and stable argument to support it, AFTER I've signed.:blast

It's only my take on it Ben, I may be way off beam but I still don't see how me supporting the Janet Street-Porters and Melvyn Braggs of this world any time soon.

It's only my take on it Ben, I may be way off beam but I still don't see how me supporting the Janet Street-Porters and Melvyn Braggs of this world any time soon.

I know what your saying though.
They'll be quite happy to take our signatures and support to help them win their fight but when the shoe is on the other foot and we need support, they'll just stand in the wings, sticking two finger up at us as 'they're alright jack'.

From our standpoint, it could almost be a no win situation. When, and if, they get what they want, we could be left high and dry. But if we don't sign, then we could be ****ed anyway.

I know what your saying though.
They'll be quite happy to take our signatures and support to help them win their fight but when the shoe is on the other foot and we need support, they'll just stand in the wings, sticking two finger up at us as 'they're alright jack'.

From our standpoint, it could almost be a no win situation. When, and if, they get what they want, we could be left high and dry. But if we don't sign, then we could be ****ed anyway.

At least our support for them is down in black and white.

it's a difficult time at present. Nearly all trail riders are trying to stay legal to try and preserve what little is left for our own needs. So this may mean a bit of arse kissing now and again, just to play the game as it were.

if and when the whole countryside gets closed, i'll not have to worry about treading on anybodies feet, so i'll go pretty much where ever i like. i mean, not like theres gonna be anyone around to grass me up is there??? :aidan

I'm with Spike on this one. These feckwitts are the same ones that helped themselves to the countryside whilst attempting to stop everyone else but the plastic bag on foot brigade from going there.

I don't think that this will in anyway become a positive thing for responsible green laners so they can stuff it where the sun don't shine.

Mmmmm?

Some times it makes sense to stick together to achieve something, lets use the majority of W#@%*RS to help the minority of Tossers get some thing for a change, but I do see your point, signed anyway Dusan dammed if ya do dammed if ya don't! :augie Lets see what happens :augie

Some times it makes sense to stick together to achieve something, lets use the majority of W#@%*RS to help the minority of Tossers get some thing for a change, but I do see your point, signed anyway Dusan dammed if ya do dammed if ya don't! :augie Lets see what happens :augie

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject as well.

I didn't sign it because i support the ramblers, but in hope that those trail riders that put a lot of time in lane claims etc, will actually see a result from their efforts.

A lot of claims were rejected because the government moved the deadline date.....:spitfire

Back
Top Bottom