Greetings from Kazakhstan

GS1200Mike

Hi all, Had my 1200 GS Adventure for just over a year now. Currently work in Kazakhstan and have riden to work twice so far. It is a little bit remote here with no BMW dealers closer than Moscow!! I am sure I will need to pick a few brains the longer I stay here...
Did a website for the last trip, not exactly complete but you can see the route and where I got my 5 "speeding fines", well police donation fund!
Link is: http://gs1200mike.googlepages.com/
Anyway cheers for now.
Mike

I also have ridden to work a few times but it only takes and hours and half not several days!:eek:
For some people it would be a trip of a life time for you a commute.:rolleyes:
Welcome to the site Mike

Welcome.

Will have a read of your blog - very interested. Had hoped to do a Central Asian tour this autumn but it will have to be put off until next year unfortunately.:thumb:thumb

Distance

Thanks for the welcome. I admit my sense of distance is a little bit shoot. :) But makes for good riding.

I rode Atyrau to Nukus last year, is the road out of Atyrau still non existent? 200 miles of bloody fine desert sand took 5 days! Excellent camping though.

Atyrau

Have not managed to get South yet, hope to get some in this year, but from what I have heard from people who have done the same route this year it is still the same. Mind you there are not that many good roads in the whole of Kazakhstan.....

Back
Top Bottom