I know it's too soon for that....but

BLUEJAY

Reaction score
Don't shout at me after reading this...please :augie

Does anyone know what (if any..) new colours will be available on 2009 F800 GS models ? :D

I am going to test ride one in a couple of weeks, but thinking to hold my horses and eventually order one beginning of 2009 (if I decide it to be "my" bike :thumb).

So far I am still undecided over two bikes :(

:beerjug:
Bluejay

New model years normally start September-ish.

Why not have the panels painted and create your own unique version? Dark slate matt metallic (2008 1200GS colour) would go well with the black plastic bits for a stealth version. Or maybe white with the M tricolour.

Tim

is there any other changes on 2009, 2009 are delivered in october I think.

might buy a 2008

From October there is now an LED indicator option, ok not a great deal but remember it was only a few years ago that we had five gears and a tractor engine!

I'm just waiting for Tim to put up links to the 1,746 times he's explained it already :D

Well, here's the latest info from my sources in the Father Land........ the rufty-tufty, high-power, offroad oriented version will be released on March 8th 2008. But don't tell anyone ;)

I'm just waiting for Tim to put up links to the 1,746 times he's explained it already :D

would not mind if you linked to what he explains, I´m all new to this site and F 800GS so please tell if there will be an adv version of 800 GS :beerjug:

would not mind if you linked to what he explains, I´m all new to this site and F 800GS so please tell if there will be an adv version of 800 GS :beerjug:

In brief; the 800GS is the adventure version. Compared to the new 800cc 650GS it has:

• Higher ground clearnace
  • tubed tyres
  • Spoked wheels
  • USD forks
  • Larger radiator
  • More power
  • Better suspension
  • Bigger windscreen
  • Bashplate as standard (however crap it is)
  • Twin Air Bags
  • Rufty-tufty looks

If you're asking if they will release a model with the name "Adventure" appended or in Dakar colours...who knows? :nenau

Non coated rims ?

Another bug, and for that I apologize in advance :hide

Do you Guys think it would be possible to order (well in advance, of course) an F800GS with standard "silver shine" rims ? ...like the "old" F650GS had or like the 1200's (spoked)....

Does any of you ever thought about this ?

Man, I really don't like those blacky.... :spitfire
They make the wheels look bigger :blast
Plus, I like shiny things... :kissy2

I'd say it should be easier for them NOT to paint the darn things :augie

:beerjug:
Bluejay

The silver shine is chromium over the aluminium. They use anodisation now because it's cheaper and lighter.

Back
Top Bottom