is it just me?

does the new 1200gs look better than the 1150gs?

• yes

Votes: 90 52.3%
  • no

Votes: 82 47.7%

• Total voters

taylors

or does anybody else think this new gs is downright ugly?

no doubt the votes will be way in favour of the new bike (because its new) but for me, its lost its looks.

I thought they were supposed to be ugly, the fact that it looks like a grown up 650 appeals to me!

Jim-650 said:
I thought they were supposed to be ugly, the fact that it looks like a grown up 650 appeals to me!

Gota say the fact that it looks like a 650 does not do it for me, might be different when i see it for real though.

Although time has passed and thought about it for a mo
and a 650 I do like is F650 GS Dakar .

the looks of the new one are growing on me, and I still want to buy one because it's new and shiny and I want to be one of the first.

I still prefer the looks of my 1150 for the moment. I don't like what they've done to the headlights on the new one. they're too close together.

my 2p worth

1200gs

its a bit ugly but i still want one, however if i dont like it in the flesh i know where to sell my £250 deposit. nick

It's different certainly.....more 'mainstream' perhaps.......but until I see it in the flesh, I don't know.......on the road bikes look a lot different from on paper or screen.

It's not as much of a step forwards as the F650gs is from the old funduro though......I agree with Bob, the 650 dakar is a very nice looking bike.....stands out wel on the road and was a huge step forwards lookswise from my old F650.

I'll reserve judgement I think.....:rolleyes:

am wondering whether an (eventual) aftermarket tank will improve the looks? its looking too much like its little bro.....

taylors said:

Isn't that the point - that's the way we like 'em. If we wanted pretty we'd be buying crotch rockets.

I think it captures the spirit of the oilhead GS marque. Its not ugly, its different and if you like the difference then you love it and I think I`ll love it. I might even buy one in the next couple of years.

Of course the :GS is supposed to be ugly, but it’s supposed (in my mind) to be ugly in a rugged kind of way, not ugly in a plastic tat kind of way.

It looks like someone in the styling department got too much lego for Xmas :barf

taylors said:

no doubt the votes will be way in favour of the new bike (because its new) but for me, its lost its looks.

You must be kidding(is the new gs ugly)of course it is but i think it's a dam site better looking than the current one
someone once said to me the gs is the sort of bike that only it's mother could love
I disagree the mother would look at it and shudder
My wife couldn't believe I'd bought such a ugly thing but a few months on she now thinks it looks cute women eh!:D :D :D blu

I think the latest GS is a good looking machine but then I'm looking for a 99.9% road bike and out'n'out ruggedness is not a prime motive.

What was the feedback when the 1150 replaced the 1100 - change is the only constant. Magic :beerjug:

Zebedee said:
Of course the :GS is supposed to be ugly, but it’s supposed (in my mind) to be ugly in a rugged kind of way, not ugly in a plastic tat kind of way :barf

I totally agree, that's not the ugliness I like and made me love the 1150!
What is that plastic thing attached to the tank?
And that mess behind the screen?
And the go-faster swingarm?
And that straight tube in the rear subframe?
And the headlights, are they froma a Japanese manga?

Gosh, I'm gonna buy a multistrada now :(

And the front mudguard is even shorter now!
Why don't they think about practical essential things when they design a bike, like making a mudguard that actually works as a mudguard?

Hmmm...

The 1200 is beautiful - not. I'm with Zebedee and Carbold.

Den - Braw?

Martyn (also now with an eye on a Multistrada)

Back
Top Bottom