Just done a trip of scotland

jailon

Reaction score
Just done a trip of scotland :eek:onyack and went from Bradford to Largs, Dunoon, upto Glen Coe (over the highlands), fort william, invernress, back to fort william (back over Glen Coe), then across to Stirling, to Edinburgh, then down a1 to Northumberland (stop off in Craster) then back to Bradford.

A76 (dumfries to kilmarnock) an excellent road
Dunnon to A83, then left onto A82 to fort william (over the highlands thru Glen Coe)...tiring but worth it
From Inverness, head south on the A9, onto the B851 - then B862
then Fort William to Edinburgh (A82, A85 & A84)..again, tiring but worth it for going up and down the gears

Took 5 leisurely days to do this (about 900 miles), but well worth it:clap .....next year is Ireland :aidan .....

I've booked a lodge in glencoe cos i love the roads up there..........be my second holiday up that way this year....we did about 1800 miles in 6 days, but theres loads i never got round to seeing, want to go the shop pies by post......thats well up there........got gallons of avon skin so soft at the ready........lol

I've booked a lodge in glencoe cos i love the roads up there..........be my second holiday up that way this year....we did about 1800 miles in 6 days, but theres loads i never got round to seeing, want to go the shop pies by post......thats well up there........got gallons of avon skin so soft at the ready........lol

Janie, do you have a link to the lodge you've booked by any chance?

Ronno :ronno

Kippers

Jailon, I guess your stop at Craster was to load up with Kippers. Best Kippers outside Scotland !:eek:onyack

Back
Top Bottom