PDA

View Full Version : Maps

~Stef~
16-01-04, 11:56
Any one recomend the best type of map/scale I should be looking at for a Trip to France ?

Michelin has been suggested, but theres more than one available, Im intending covering the whole country north to south including a run through the Alps. Tho the run through the north will probably be a mad blast to get to the more interesting stuff. So I wont need as much detail.

~Stef~

Dave Hall
16-01-04, 12:05
I find the Michellin 1:200,000 quite good. Falk (German) do the same scale and I like those as well.
I`ve found the Michellin, green shaded, routes (scenic) very scenic and often plan my journey to include those.

~Stef~
16-01-04, 12:09
Originally posted by Dave Hall
I find the Michellin 1:200,000 quite good. Falk (German) do the same scale and I like those as well.
I`ve found the Michellin, green shaded, routes (scenic) very scenic and often plan my journey to include those.

Cheers Dave
Ive a 10 gift voucher for Waterstones, so I think I'll pop in later and check out what they've got. Fancy the Michellin becuase of the green shaded routes, even thought of getting one for here in Scotland, just to see if theres any interesting routes ive missed.

~Stef~

Invicta Moto
16-01-04, 12:52
Originally posted by ~Stef~
Any one recomend the best type of map/scale I should be looking at for a Trip to France ?

Michelin has been suggested, but theres more than one available, Im intending covering the whole country north to south including a run through the Alps. Tho the run through the north will probably be a mad blast to get to the more interesting stuff. So I wont need as much detail.

~Stef~

As a non-GPS mapaholic I tend to overdose on the Michelin Red series, then get the Orange regional maps i.e. languedoc or cote d'azur, and then the local yellow map to get right down to the locality... sad, but on a cold winter's night, wrapped up with a Michelin and a glass or two of red plonk....

Also locally bought IGN maps are good for France, and Geo-Center for Germany and Austria....

adamski49
16-01-04, 13:20
I've just got two Michelin maps, red No. 721 that covers all of France @ 1:1 000 000 and orange No. 523 that covers Rhone-Alps @ 1:200 000 - these seem to be more than enough detail for me. Combined with the GPS I should have no problems.

Adam