G450x on order :-)

zei220

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, I've just ordered a G450x for the end of Septemeber delivery. :) First time I've bought a bike without seeing it in the flesh first,:nenau and they didn't want to take the deposit as refundable until I said 'no refund if I don't like it, no deposit now' Just hope there's going to be a SM pack.

Who else has one on order?

Dave

is touratech going to do a rally version of these? Could be a really cool bike ... even if changing the front sprocket is a real bi-atch

Asked Si Pavey if this meant BMW might be competitive again in the Dakar. If the rally ever gets back to Africa lean and light seems to be the way to go as the organisers increasingly include more sand. Patsy Quick says she only finished in 2006 because she dumped her 640 and went for the lighter weight 525.

In the GS world, however, people will probably screw up the G450X concept by installing a larger fuel tank, touring windscreen and panniers. :augie

Tim

Well, I've just ordered a G450x for the end of Septemeber delivery. :) First time I've bought a bike without seeing it in the flesh first,:nenau and they didn't want to take the deposit as refundable until I said 'no refund if I don't like it, no deposit now' Just hope there's going to be a SM pack.

Dave

Where did you put the order in?
I was under the impression that the first batch had sold-out, and the next batch were September build, October delivery....:confused:
I sure though, that the bike will be a bonzer, just looks alone sells it to me....
Just needs that huge silencer binning, it must weigh a ton.... so to speak.:D

Oh, and welcome to UKGSER......:thumb
Timpo.

Dave
Welcome :) Like you mine is on order and a SM pack would be good as well, I have spoken to Talon Engineering who can lace new rims on so I need to find a larger disk that will fit now.

Thanks for the welcome, the site has made it to one of my home tabs. :)

The bikes' on order at Williams, Manchester. They didn't have much in the way of information on it, but the salesman, Dave Foster, told me he had been at the launch and the bike is very light, powerful, and just the bee knees.:clap

Maybe we need to ask about a multi order discount form Telon?

Back
Top Bottom